18- Break In At Hogwarts

Venus and Ginny once again went home for Christmas. Bill visited and showed everyone the new earring he had acquired, much to their mother's horror.

Harry received a Firebolt for Christmas and Hermione had reported it as, just like Venus's, the broom hadn't come with a sender's note.

In February the news spread that the dementors had been given permission by the ministry to administer the dementor's kiss to Sirius Black should they find him.

"Good!" Mali declared upon hearing the news, and having what the dementor's kiss was explained to her "that way he won't be a threat to you anymore."

"M he's her dad!" Ginny sounded slightly exasperated, "even if he's a murderer, you can't really want that for him can you Ve?"

Venus scrunched her brow, "I'm not even sure anymore."

********

Harry got his Firebolt back in time for the match against Ravenclaw. Meaning that the Gryffindor team had a new energy with their seeker back on a decent broom.

The Firebolt was a wonderful broom and seemed to almost react to Venus's thoughts than her touch.

The team went into the match against Ravenclaw feeling very confident.

The match was wonderful, Harry caught the snitch in no time, despite the appearance of three 'dementors' (who were actually Slytherin students dressed as dementors).

Harry showed his full capability to protect himself as he performed a fully fledged patronus charm.

The Gryffindors had a party in their common room.

Fred and George disappeared for a while, only to return with their arms full of butterbeers and honeydukes sweets.

The party raged on until the early hours when McGonagall ordered all of them to sleep.

Venus stayed in front of the fire in the common room after everyone else had gone to bed, working on an essay for potions that she had been putting off, but knew she couldn't put off anymore as it was due in first thing the next morning.

There was the sound of the portrait hole opening and Venus glanced up. She froze when she saw the man out of the daily prophet staring at her.

Sirius Black stood there. He clutched a knife in his hand, which he quickly stowed in his robes when he saw her.

"Venus?" He seemed completely startled to see her there.

Venus scrambled to her feet and sucked in a breath, ready to scream and wake the rest of the house.

"No!" He hurried over and put his hand over her mouth, stopping her from making any noise, "don't scream, I won't hurt you, I swear."

Venus bit his hand, and he jumped back, but it seemed he had managed to grab her wand.

He pointed it at her, "petrificus totalus!" He said.

The spell made Vensh freeze, she fell back onto the floor.

But she heard Black swear, he dropped the wand on the floor. It seemed it hand burnt him when he tried to use it.

"I'm sorry Venus," he murmered to her, "you will understand why I had to do this one day."

Venus tried to move, she tried to yell, but there was nothing she could do but watch as Sirius Black crept up to the boys dorms.

A minute later Venus heard Ron yell out, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOO!"

There was the sound of running, and Black streaked through the common room, he shot Venus an apologetic look, and left the common room.

Footsteps thundered down the steps and boys flooded out of the dorms.

"Excellent are we carrying on?" Fred asked as he and George emerged.

"This is rediculos!" Percy's voice could be heard over the crowd, "everyone back to bed!"

"Perce!" Ron sounded breathless, "Sirius Black! In the dorm, he had a knife-woke me up."

"Ron you're being rediculos!" Percy frowned, "there is no way that- Venus?"

Venus had been doing everything she could to get everyone's attention since they had arrived in the common room, which was very little seen as she couldn't move or speak.

"This is getting out of hand!" McGonagall had arrived in the common room, "all of you to bed now!" She spotted Venus and shook her head, "Miss Weasley what exactly are you doing?"

"Professor!" Ron yelled, "Sirius Black was here!"

McGonagall frowned and looked at Venus who glared at the woman, McGonagall sighed and pointed her wand at Venus, she muttered the counter curse and immediately Venus could move again.

"Miss Weasley did you also see Black?" McGonagall asked. Venus nodded, "that's impossible, how did he get in without the password?"

"Ask him!" Ron pointed at the back of Sir Cadogan's portrait.

McGonagall frowned, but went outside to talk to Sir Cadogan.

Ginny and Mali hurried to Venus's side and sat down next to her.

"Are you okay?" Ginny asked.

"I'm fine Gin," Venus assured her.

"-had a little piece of paper with the whole week's passwords!" Sir Cadogan was saying.

McGonagall climbed back into the common room, almost trembling with fury, "which one of you was stupid enough to write down all of the passwords and loose it?"

No one said anything, but Neville Longbottom, trembling from head to toe, raised his hand.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx