119- Venus' Sad Childhood

"Halley, what's the matter?" Venus looked up from marking some essays, at her daughter, who had just ducked into her office.

"I'm hiding." Halley was panting as if she had been running.

"Halley, what did you do? Who are you hiding from? What kind of cover do you need?" Venus set her quill down.

"I didn't do anything I swear," Halley sat down in the chair across from her mother. "I was minding my own business, talking to Adam-"

"By talking you mean snogging." Venus grinned.

"Okay, I was snogging Adam, and then out of nowhere James just starts yelling at me," Halley continued, "and then Adam started shouting at me, so I left and now they're both mad at me."

"Hasn't James been mad at you since the beginning of the year?" frowned Venus, "but why is Adam mad at you?"

"I don't know!" Halley insisted, "and now everyone is mad at me, and it's just one big mess."

"Well, I know you don't want to hear it and I've told you this quite a few times, but I think you should try and make up with James."

"Mum, he's being such a prat though-"

"He's James, he's always a prat. But ever since you were born, he's been your prat," said Venus, "I know you're dating Adam. But you and James have been friends for your entire lives. Don't let your boyfriend come between you."

********

"I have a feeling that something is off with those two," Sirius frowned at Hope and Alfie who were sat together in the Great Hall (despite the fact that they were in different houses).

Venus snorted into her cereal, trying to mask her laughter.

"What do you know?" Sirius narrowed his eyes, looking from Venus, struggling to keep her laughter under control, to Neville who was attempting to keep a straight face.

"We know nothing," said Neville, "nothing at all."

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Halley had walked into the hall, followed closely by Adam. Halley had a look of pure rage on her face. "I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM ME!"

"Halley- please, listen to me-" Adam pleaded.

"No. You kissed her. I told you. We're through Adam, don't ever talk to me again." Halley stormed away from him and sat down beside Alfie.

The hall had mostly fallen silent, everyone was watching Halley, with surprise on their faces.

"What are you all looking at?" James demanded. He was sat a few seats up from Halley, but had seen how upset she looked, and jumped to defend his friend. Even if they hadn't spoken for quite a while.

The normal chatter of the great hall returned,band Venus saw Halley sink below the table and sit on the floor.

"Didn't you used to do that Venus?" Lupin was watching Halley.

"Yes, I spent a lot of time below that table." Venus reminisced, "I was best friends with that floor for a long time."

"You had a sad, sad childhood," Sirius shook his head.

My GCSE results come out tomorrow, my family are betting on which ones I've failed (physics!)
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx