75-Sirius' midlife crisis

It wasn't long into the holidays when the plan to rescue Harry from Privet Drive went into effect.

Neither Venus, nor Ginny was included in the plan as they were still not of age, Molly also stayed at home, along with a very annoyed Sirius, who just couldn't see why he'd been excluded from the plan.

Ginny, Venus, Molly and Sirius spent an anxious evening looking outside the kitchen window waiting for someone to return. Then one by one they all did, mostly in one piece. Bill and Fleur were the last to arrive back, harbouring the news that Mad Eye was dead and Mundungus had fled.

Despite this, the next day Molly continued with the Wedding preparations. Ginny and Venus were woken up early and asked to fold napkins into swan shapes.

"I'm awful at this." Venus complained as she messed up another napkin.

"You really are," Ginny eyed the pile of discarded napkins beside Venus, "mum is not-"

But at that moment a black owl landed on the table. The two girls recognised it immediately, it was Mali's owl Bobbin.

Instantly Venus took the piece of parchment tied to Bobbin's leg. And unrolled it, Ginny peered over her shoulder and they read what Mali had to say.

Ginny and Venus,

Mum died a few nights ago. The doctors told us that it was quicker at the end.

"Oh no." Ginny gasped.

With everything going on at the moment, all the attacks on Muggleborns, dad doesn't think it's safe for us to stay in the country. We're going to stay with my grandparents in France for a while.

I don't think that I'll be back at school.

Stay safe.

Mali.

"Poor Mali." Venus said sadly, "but at least her and her dad are going to be safe."

"Yeah." Ginny went back to folding her swans absentmindedly. The sound of Mrs Weasley giving instructions drifted into the kitchen from another room.

"Mum's on the war path." Ginny laughed.

"And that is exactly why I'm avoiding her." Sirius walked into the house, grinning widely. He slipped into a chair beside Venus.

"She thinks if she keeps Harry, Ron and Hermione apart so that they can't plan their travels then it will stop them from leaving." Venus went back to folding her napkins.

"She's deluded," Sirius said, "Harry is too much like James to care about authority figures."

********

Soon enough the wedding came along. And Venus and Ginny spent the morning being fussed over by Fleur's mother as they were both bridesmaids.

"I just want to go see Neville," Venus complained under her breath to Ginny when Fleur's mother turned go Fleur's little sister Gabrielle.

"Just keep smiling and we'll be allowed outside soon." Ginny said, with a large forced smile on her face.

"You two may go," Fleur's mother said in a strong French accent. "Jus' make sure zat you is back in plenty of time."

Venus wasted no time and she and Ginny scrambled down the stairs only to bump into Sirius.

"Aw Venus," Sirius sniffed comically, "my little girl is all grown up."

"Give it a break dad." Venus rolled her eyes and tried to adjust her dress, "I've not been this uncomfortable for years."

"Really Venus, you look beautiful." Sirius smiled, more sincerely, "you look like your mother."

Venus smiled and looked down at the floor, Sirius pulled her into a tight hug.

"Are you crying?" Venus asked.

"So what if I am?" Said Sirius, still hugging Venus tightly, "my little girl is all grown up!"

"Dad c'mon!" Venus tried to escape from the hug, "it's not even my wedding, what are you going to be like then?"

"No." Sirius shook his head and released her, looking her straight in the eye, "there is to be no talk of marriage until you are at least 30."

"Come off it," Venus rolled her eyes, "I've got to go find Neville, I'll see you later dad."

Venus shoved him off and hurried into the gardens, she found Ginny standing outside the tent watching as all of their brothers (and Harry disguised as a Weasley cousin) took people into the tent and seated them.

"Merlin how many people did Bill and Fleur invite?" Venus peered into the already packed tent.

"The entire wizarding population," said Ginny.

"You haven't seen-"

"Neville?" Asked Ginny, "no I haven't, but Harry said he arrived earlier."

"I'll never find him in there." Venus looked back at the crowd.

"Just wait until after the ceremony." Ginny advised, her eyes widened as Mrs Weasley came over to them.

"You two had better get inside, we're almost ready to start." She told them.

Venus and Ginny hurried back into the burrow and found Fleur standing beside her father and sister in the kitchen.

"You look really beautiful Fleur." Venus smiled at her.

"Thankyou," said Fleur breathlessly, " 're we ready?"

"Yes, everyone is seated," Ginny nodded.

The wedding ceremony was beautiful. Bill and Fleur exchanged their vows and it cause a lot of people to burst into tears (Molly Weasley being one of them).

When the ceremony was over the audience were asked to stand and with the wave of a wand the chairs moved to the sides and a large dance floor was visible.

Bill and Fleur took to the floor for their first dance as husband and wife.

Once more people began dancing, Venus started to search the crowd for Neville. Eventually she found him sat at the side with Luna.

"Neville!" Venus smiled, she sat down beside him, "did you have a good birthday?"

"Yes," Neville grinned, "and guess what? I passed my apparation test."

"Well done!" Venus congratulated him, "fancy a dance? Only I can see my Great Aunt Muriel looking at us and if we're not careful she'll try to talk to us."

If you haven't already, go and give the prequel (Marlene) a read. If you couldn't tell, it's about Venus's mother, Marlene McKinnkon.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx