70- Christmas At The Burrow

"Hi dad." Venus hugged Sirius when they returned to the Burrow for Christmas.

"How are you Venie?" Sirius asked.

"I'm okay." She smiled.

"Harry!" Sirius pulled Harry into a hug.

"It's going to be a squeeze this Christmas." Molly said, "Fred and George are coming back tomorrow, and so is Remus, so Sirius you'll be sharing Percy's old room with Remus and Bill will bunk in with the twins. I suppose Fleur can share with Ginny and Venus."

"No!" Both Ginny and Venus stared at their mother.

"You can't mum." Ginny protested.

"Ginny," Molly looked at her daughter in a warning way.

Ginny let out a frustrated huff and stormed up the stairs.

********

"I've bought a flat in London." Sirius told Venus over dinner later that day, "it's not big, but it's something that I own other than that dirty house."

"That's great," Venus piled some parsnips onto her plate. "Trying to get your life back on track."

"Speaking of lives." Sirius gave her a sly grin, "how's Neville."

"Neville is fine." Venus shot him a glare.

"I want details Venus!"

"I'm not talking about this with my dad!" Venus shook her head.

"Fred leave it!" Ginny was being interrogated about Dean by the twins, "talk to Ron, he's had his tongue down Lavender Brown's throat every chance he gets."

Fred and George turned their attention to teasing Ron.

There was a loud crash as Ron smashed a gravy boat as he tries to pass it to Fleur. Bill waved his wand and it was repaired in an instant.

"You 're almost as bad as zat Tonks," Fleur scolded him.

"Hey Ve." Ginny was sitting across the table from her sister and had noticed that her knuckles had gone white as she clutched her knife and fork very tight. "Everything is fine."

Sirius had also noticed that Venus was distressed.

But she shook herself and blinked a few times, "I'm okay."

Neither Ginny nor Sirius looked convinced.

"Really, I'm completely fine." She assured them, and went on with eating her dinner.

********

Percy returned with Rufus Scrimjor the minister for magic in tow, when they realised why he was there (to try and get Harry to sign up to be the poster boy for the ministry) Ginny, Fred, George and Venus threw food at Percy until he left.

They lined up by the fireplace to return to Hogwarts, the ministry had arranged a one off Floo connection so that all of the students could return to school safely.

"Good afternoon Miss Black-Weasley." McGonagall said as Venus emerged last from the fireplace, "try not to get too much ash on the carpet."

"Yes Professor." Venus hurried out of the office to see Harry, Ron and Ginny waiting in the corridor for her. They walked up to Gryffindor tower together and met Hermione outside who let them in to the tower as the password had changed.

Ron was immediately tackled by Lavender when they entered the common room.

"There's a table over there." Hermione gestured, "are you joining us?" She asked Ginny and Venus.

"I've got to meet Dean." Ginny sighed. Ginny had confessed to Venus that she didn't think she and Dean were going to work out, he kept treating her like she couldn't do things herself and it was really annoying her. Ginny walked off rather reluctantly.

"Venus?" Harry asked.

"Neville." She gestured over to where Neville was sat.

She slid onto his lap and greeted him with a quick kiss.

"Miss me?" She grinned.

"Yes." Neville grinned back, "did you have a good Christmas?"

"Yeah." Venus grinned, "did you?"

"I love that book you bought me!"

"I thought you would. It's about plants right?"

"You're something special Venus." Neville shook his head and laughed.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx