72- Thrashing Around Like Eels

As Neville couldn't take Venus up to her own bed in the girls dorms, he carried her to his bed. Venus had mumbled a few things on the way back up to the castle, but otherwise she seemed in almost the same state as she had been right after the ministry.

He placed her on his bed and tucked the covers around her. He brushed some hair off of her face as she continued to stare at the ceiling above the bed.

"You'll be okay Ve, won't you." He brushed her cheek with his thumb.

Madam Pomfry arrived after not too much time, having tended to Harry. Her diagnosis was, that all Venus needed was rest.

"I believe that her Post Traumatic stress is being intensified by the comings and goings of the moon." The matron told Neville. "When tomorrow's full moon has come and gone I believe she should be feeling better."

"Is she okay?" Mali demanded when she and Ginny arrived after the Quidditch match had ended (Gryffindor having lost terribly).

"Madam Pomfry thinks she will be fine." Neville said. Venus had fallen asleep when the matron left. "She's contacted Sirius and your parents."

"Why?" Ginny sat down on the end of Neville's bed, looking at Venus.

"She doesn't think it's a good idea for Ve to be alone on the full moon tomorrow." Neville explained, "Sirius is going to come up and be with her."

********

Once again the matron's assumption was right. Venus seemed back to her normal self after the full moon, but as the Easter holidays approached more and more work and revision was given to the fifth years as their OWLs were approaching.

Ginny and Dean broke up after a fierce row because Ginny said Dean kept trying to help her into the common room. Ron and Lavender also broke up, but everyone had seen that coming.

The Quidditch final was approaching and Katie Bell returned to school meaning that the team was at full power again. The practices were amazing and the team had never performed so well, so they were all confident that they were in for a good chance to win the Quidditch cup that year.

But then Harry was banned from playing in the match because he had attacked Malfoy in the bathroom.

But the match had to go on. Ginny was to be playing the position of seeker and Dean Thomas was back as Chaser. Despite not having their captain with them for the match the Gryffindor team played excellently. They had to win the match by a margin of 300 points for them to win the cup, yet they all seemed determined.

The Quaffle was hardly out of their possession, going back and forth from Venus, to Katie, to Dean and back again. And almost the moment they were 300 points ahead Ginny caught the snitch, ending the game and winning them the Quidditch cup.

They threw a very loud party in the common room that night. Neville was worried about how Venus would handle all of the noise and confusion, but she seemed okay. She hadn't been really bad since the last Quidditch match and had improved dramatically.

The portrait hole swung open and Harry walked in, moments later he and Ginny were intertwined in a kiss, right in the middle of the common room.

"You know," Venus mused after Ginny and Harry had broken apart, "I did always think they'd make a wonderful couple."

"It took them long enough!" Mali laughed, but clapped along with the rest of the crowd.

********

"You'd think people had better things to gossip about," said Ginny as she sat on the floor in the common room lent against Harry's legs reading the daily prophet, "three dementor attacks in a week and all Romilda Vane does is ask me if its true you've got a Hippogriff tattooed across your chest."

Venus was curled up into Neville at the other end of the sofa flicking through some Herbology notes as Neville pointed out mistakes. Ron, Hermione, Venus, Neville and Mali all laughed at Ginny's comment.

"What did you tell her?" Asked Harry.

"I told her it was a Hungarian Horntail." Ginny turned a page in the prophet, "much more macho."

"What did you say Ron's got?"

"A Pigmy Puff, but I didn't say where." Ginny grinned. Hermione burst into a fit of the giggles and Mali was clearly struggling to hold her own laughter back.

"Watch it." Ron warned Harry and Ginny, "just because I've given my permission doesn't mean I can't withdraw it-"

"Your permission!" Ginny scoffed, "since when did I need your permission to do anything!"

"Anyway Ron, you said yourself, you'd rather Harry than Michael or Dean." Venus grinned at her brother.

"Yeah I would." Ron glowered, "and just as long as you don't start snogging eachother in public-"

"You filthy hippocrite." Ginny shook her head, "what about you and Lavender, thrashing around like a pair of eels all over the place!"

This set them all off laughing again as Ron's ears turned a bright red colour.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx