68- An Entitled Toilet Head

With OWLs looming before them, the fifth years had piles of homework to complete, after just the first day of lessons.

"How in Merlin's name are we supposed to do all of this?" Venus was staring at the list she had made for herself in horror.

"I have no idea," Mali was looking at Venus's list as well.

"We'd better get started," Ginny suggested.

"Yeah," Mali sighed and pulled her Defence Against the Dark Arts textbook out of her bag and slammed it down loudly on the table in front of them.

Venus recoiled and froze in her chair.

"Merlin Ve, I'm sorry." Mali was apologising profusely, but Venus didn't hear any of it. She wrapped her arms around herself to try and stop herself crying.

"It's okay." Venus assured her eventually, "I'm okay."

********

Harry has been appointed the new Quidditch captain that year, so he held Quidditch trials.

Even if they had been on the team before, he wanted them to try out, just so that he was sure he had the best team possible.

Venus had been wairy about flying again, but as soon as she was up in the air again everything washed away.

She hadn't really flown properly since she had been banned from Quidditch last year, and it felt amazing.

Thankfully she made it back onto the team. The other two Chasers were Katie Bell and Ginny. Ron rejoined the team as keeper and the two Beaters were two boys called Jimmy Peakes and Ritchie Coote. Harry of course remained as seeker.

That night Venus was invited to dinner with Slughorn. To her disappointment, Neville wasn't invited, however Ginny was.

The dinner was boring, Slughorn spent the entire time boasting about all of his 'accomplishments'. He again tried to ask Venus, Ginny and Hermione about the department of mysteries, and again they tried to avoid answering.

Cormac McClaggen was perhaps the most annoying out of the entire group. He seemed to think the world of himself and thought all of them were below him.

"He sounds like prime candidate for me to shove his head down a toilet." Mali mused when Venus and Ginny described him to her the next night. They were sat in front of the fire in the common room. Neville was sat next to Venus on the sofa and she was curled up into his side.

"I think he's a prime candidate for Slughorn's wall of fame." Venus said, "he's such an entitled douche."

"I can't stand entitled douches." Ginny shook her head, she glanced over her shoulder and spotted Dean, "I'll see you guys later." She hurried off to join him.

"Looks like it's just us three then." Mali grinned, "I love third wheeling."

"Well I'd love to stay, but I can't." Venus got to her feet.

"Where are you going?" Mali frowned.

"It's the full moon."

"I'll walk you down." Neville stood up.

"See you tomorrow Mali." Venus waved as she and Neville walked out of the common room hand in hand.

"Alone again." Mali muttered, "I guess I might as well do some homework then. Haha. No."

********

"So Miss Black-Weasley, have you thought about what you will do when you leave school?" McGonagall asked. Venus was sat in the woman's office for her careers advice meeting.

"Not really," Venus shrugged, "I figured that most doors are closed to a Werewolf."

"Nonsense." McGonagall shook her head and looked down at a piece of parchment with Venus's grades listed. "Your Transfiguration grade is exceptional, you excel at Defence Against the Dark Arts, and most of your other grades are extremely good. And I've heard from Mr Longbottom that you are also an extremely good teacher."

"Really?" Venus raised her eyebrow.

McGonagall nodded, "he told me the only reason that he passed his Transfiguration OWL was because of your help. So, would you consider going into teaching?"

"Teaching?" Venus repeated.

"Perhaps one day you could work at Hogwarts." McGonagall suggested.

"Work at Hogwarts?" Venus repeated.

"Yes, Miss Black-Weasley, I can't be the Transfiguration teacher here forever can I."

"Me, do your job?"

"It would be something for you to consider Miss Black-Weasley." McGonagall said, "a mere suggestion."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx