65- Home

The Matron had been right. To everyone's surprise Venus recovered enough that she was able to walk herself to the shrieking shack the next week for the full moon.

And soon she was able to hold a conversation for about five minutes before she got distracted.

Neville couldn't begin to describe his relief. As soon as he realised what had happened to her his mind and jumped to the worse case senario. His parents. He had feared that Venus would be beyond repair, just like they were.

But fortunately Venus was clawing her way back to them. Sirius claimed that he expected no less as she was just too stubborn for anything else.

Despite her fast recovery Madam Pomfry suggested that it would be best if Venus returned home a few weeks earlier than the rest of the students.

The Matron felt it would be best for Venus to be in her own home at this time and her parents agreed.

Molly had offered Sirius to stay with them and he accepted greatfully.

He felt beyond guilty for what had happened. Firstly, he hadn't been quick enough to save her from the Werewolf bite, and then he hasn't been fast enough to save her from this.

Molly gave Sirius Percy's old room which had been vacant since Percy stormed out.

Almost as soon as they got home, Molly got Venus helping with the housework. Madam Pomfry had told them to try and keep her busy and keep her mind active.

Venus was improving more and more everyday, but she still seemed distracted most of the time, like there was something that she was not saying.

To Sirius's horror Dumbledore said that Harry had to return to Privet Drive, at least for a few weeks. So the other Weasleys returned home without Harry. Fleur Delacour was also staying in the house to get to know the Weasleys before she married the eldest son, Bill.

Venus and Ginny had taken to affectionately calling Fleur Phlemg.

"She's annoying, self centred and no way good enough for Bill." Venus told Ginny when they arrived home. Fleur had arrived before the others, which meant that Venus had spent a considerable amount of time stuck with her. "But Bill loves her."

"I know, it's disgusting." Ginny complained.

Ginny continued unpacking her trunk and Venus sat on her bed watching Ginny.

"How are you feeling Ve?" Ginny asked eventually.

"Better." Venus shrugged, "at least I think I'm feeling better."

"That's good, that's really good." Ginny smiled and sat down beside her, "you have no idea how worried we all were."

"You mean Neville?"

"Yes I mean Neville, Ve I've never seen him like this before, he was so worked up about it." Ginny confessed, "I think he thought you were going to end up like his parents."

Venus smiled sadly, "Dad says I'm too stubborn for that."

"Well he's not wrong." Ginny smiled, "I'm glad you're feeling better."

And she was. It was almost a miracle how quickly Venus recovered.

And before long, she began feeling bad about what she had put Neville though. She couldn't begin to understand how it must've felt for him to see her in almost the same state as his parents.

She had tried to sit down and write a letter to him several times, but she couldn't put what she was feeling into words. It was too much to explain in a letter.

But eventually she managed to write it all down, telling him everything that she was feeling, explaining how much better she was and how she couldn't wait to see him again.

One night late July, Venus transformed in the broom shed. Sirius was with her again, but it seemed that Venus was a lot calmer now, more in control of her feelings. That meant that with the Wolfsbane potion she was completely in control of herself during the full moon in a way that she had never been before.

But Sirius's ears pricked up when he heard footsteps approaching the shed.

He growled a warning and glanced back at Venus, who seemed oblivious to what was happening as she was curled up in a tight ball in the corner.

But it seemed that the person either hadn't heard Sirius's warning, or didn't care. The door was pulled open. And there stood Albus Dumbledore with Harry peering over his shoulder.

Sirius barked at them to back off and Dumbledore did, closing the door tightly behind him.

Venus had got to her feet and was staring at the door intently. Sirius butted his head against hers and the tension seemed to leave her as she settled back down on the floor.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx