33- The Dragons

The school seemed to turn against Harry. Even Ron wasn't talking to him. The majority of the school took to wearing 'Support Cedric Diggory, the real Hogwarts champion' badges that morphed into 'Potter stinks'. Created by the one and only Draco Malfoy.

No one seemed to believe that Harry hadn't put his name in the goblet of fire. Mali had been constantly asking him how he did it, along with the rest of the Gryffindor house.

The first task was set to take place on the 24th November and even though Harry was potentially going to die, Venus was looking forwards to the task. She figured it should be exciting.

Sirius wrote to Harry, telling him to meet him in the common room on November 22nd at 1.00am.

"He really wants to die!" Venus exclaimed again when Harry told her what Sirius had written, "Like he wants to DIE!" Venus put more emphasis on the word die.

"I know, I know," Harry shook his head, "But, I do really need to talk to him."

"Yeah," Venus nodded, "Do you know what you're going to do for the task?"

"I don't even know what it is." Harry sighed.

"So that's what you want to talk to my dad about?"

"Yes, but I was wondering if you wanted to talk to him as well?" Harry asked.

"No, I saw him on the full moon." Said Venus, "he's all yours."

Venus spotted Neville over Harry's shoulder. "I've got to go." She hurried off after Neville.

She hadn't spoken to him since her birthday, it seemed he was slightly annoyed at her.

"Neville!" Venus ran after him.

"Oh hi Venus."

"Are you mad at me or something?" she asked.

"No, I just figured- you seemed annoyed at me on your birthday, so I thought I should give you some space." Neville rubbed the back of his neck and shifted his weight from foot to foot.

"No!" Venus said quickly, "I was just-" she struggled for the words to explain it.

"The way you ran off, I just figured..."

"I just had to deal with my-my... um."

"Your what?"

"Furry little problem." Venus blurted out eventually.

"What?" Neville frowned.

"It doesn't matter." Venus shook her head, "but I'm not mad at you, and I really need help with my Herbology homework."

"Of course!" Neville grinned.

"Tonight?"

"Tonight." Neville confirmed.

Venus grinned and kissed him on the cheek before hurrying off.

********

The morning of the first task the whole school was buzzing.

"This is going to be fun," Mali grinned.

"I hope that Harry is going to be okay." Ginny said.

"He's going to be fine, he's Harry." Venus waved her hands, "he's the boy who lived."

Venus had to cover her eyes during Cedric's attempt to get past the dragon and retrieve the golden egg.

Cedric bewitched a rock and turned it into a dog, in an attempt to distract the dragon, it seemed to work. But then the dragon changed its mind, and attacked him.

Fleur managed to lure her dragon into a sort of sleeping trance, but the dragon snored, leading it to release a jet of flames that ignited her skirt.

Krum shot a jet of light at the dragon's eyes, which caused it to rampage around in pain. The dragon trampled several of its own eggs.

Harry used the summoning charm to summon his firebolt. He zipped around the dragon's head, which severely pissed the Hungarian Horntail off. Harry retrieved the egg in no time, and the judge's scores put him safely in the lead.

"Go Harry!" Venus yelled after he finished.

The stands began to empty and Venus, Mali and Ginny headed back up to the school.

"If that was the first task I can't wait to see the other tasks!" Mali was almost skipping.

"Mali, that was really dangerous!" Ginny pointed out.

"But really cool to watch." Venus added. "I enjoyed that, personally I was rooting for that Chinese Fireball that Krum was against."

********

Padfoot,

I really need to talk to you. Would you be able to arrive early this month?

From Venus.

On her previous full moons Venus had experienced little to no effects in the lead up to the full moon (apart from being super irritated on the day). But this month Venus had been in the hospital wing for three days.

She felt severely ill and had a fever and was being sick.

She was sure that it was to do with the upcoming full moon as it had come over her very suddenly and clearly wasn't a bug because no one else was sick.

She left the hospital wing early on the day of the full moon. She kept her head down and ran towards the Shrieking Shack. She was still feeling pretty ill, but she had asked Sirius to get there earlier, so she was planning to meet him.

She smiled when she saw Sirius.

"Venus!" he smiled and hugged her, "are you okay? What did you want to talk about?"

"Did Lupin used to get ill before the full moon?" Venus asked.

Sirius frowned, "sometimes, it varied from month to month. Why?"

"I've not been that well, but if it's not always going to be like this then I'm fine." Venus smiled weakly.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx