86- The Carrows Get A New Threat

When they eventually released her, Venus was quite worse for wear.

"You'll keep in line now won't you mutt." Alecto unlatched the chains that still held Venus down to the chair. "You'll be an obedient pet won't you."

Venus didn't reply. She jumped to her feet as soon as she was free and hurried out of the room. She didn't recognise where she came out, so she did the best thing that she could.

She tried to put as much distance between herself and the room as possible. Blood was running into her eyes from her forehead and various other cuts on her body were screaming in pain. Worst of all salty tears were making their way down her face, which she tried to brush away.

Eventually she made it to the hospital wing. Madam Pomfry began fussing over her, but Venus didn't say anything. She let the Matron apply ointment to the wounds and drank various potions that she was handed. All the while thinking about what had happened. Her secret was no longer a secret. Everyone knew, and it was only a matter of time before something worse than this happened.

"Ve?" Ginny charged into the hospital wing when Madam Pomfry eventually let her in. "What did they do? What happened?" The anxious faces of Neville and Luna we're peering over her shoulders.

"Alecto walked in on me last night." Venus said glumly, "then she and Amycus tried to take me without a fight this morning. I wouldn't go."

"So they did this?" Neville's voice shook as he looked at the injuries on his girlfriend, that were slowly healing up.

Venus nodded, "so they did this."

********

With her secret out, it didn't matter if she asked Slughorn to make her some Wolfsbane. When she asked him, he hardly made eye contact with her, seeming to find his shoes much more interesting, however he did agree to make the potion.

The next day Venus heard the Carrows threatening some Seventh years who were causing trouble with the threat that they would, "set Wolfie on you next full moon."

This was the main reason that Venus was thankful when Slughorn told her that the potion would be ready just before the full moon.

The worst news of all came after Neville asked Alecto how much muggle blood she had and given him a slash across the face and a night's worth of detention.

"She told me to go on the 3rd of December." Neville told Venus when they were sat in the common room one night.

Venus's eyes widened in horror"But that's the full-"

"The full moon, I know," said Neville.

"They wouldn't," Venus shook her head, "I know they're using it as a threat, but there's no way they would actually do it!"

"I think you're underestimating them." Neville said grimly.

"I hope I'm not," said Venus.

They sat in silence, staring into the flickering flames of the fire.

Neville wrested his head on Venus's lap and she absentmindedly stroked his hair.

********

"You can't make me attack him." Venus said stubbornly as the Carrows dragged her out of her last lesson on the 3rd of December. She had been feeling ill all day, but out of sheer stubbornness refused to stay back from lessons.

"You're sure about that are you?" Amycus sneered as he shoved her into a room in the dungeons.

"I've taken Wolfsbane. You can't make me do anything." Venus stared up at the Death Eaters.

They simply laughed and shut her in the room. With a click the door was locked.

Venus continued to glare at the door even when she knew that the Carrows were nowhere near.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx