73- Love And Death

At the end of June, Venus was confronted by a frantic Ginny who pulled her, Neville and Mali out of the common room and explained how Dumbeldore and Harry had left the school. She also explained how they thought Death Eaters were going to be in the school.

Hermione, Mali and Luna went off to guard Snape's office, whilst Ron, Ginny, Neville and Venus checked the Marauder's map for any signs of Draco Malfoy. When they did not see him Ron took them to the corridor outside the Room of Requirement.

On their way there Ron had described Harry's suspicions about Malfoy and what he had been doing for the past year.

They hung around in the corridor for a while and after about an hour of standing there the door to the room of requirement opened and Draco Malfoy looked out of the door clutching a shrivelled up hand. His eyes widened when he spotted them and they all pulled out their wands, as Malfoy threw some powder at them and the corridor immediately went pitch black.

"Lumos!" Venus heard Ginny yell, but light never came.

She heard footsteps to rushing past and tried to lunge at the sound, but hit into Neville who exclaimed, "ouch!" loudly.

"Incendio!" Ron yelled.

"It's no use!" Venus told them, feeling along the wall, "that was that instant darkness powder that Fred and George sell!"

"Let's get out of the corridor." Neville suggested.

The group felt their way along the wall and eventually made it out of the corridor that was swallowed in darkness.

"What do we do?" Neville looked panic stricken.

"We-" Venus started, but cut herself off when she spotted Lupin.

"Lupin!" She yelled, the man spotted them and hurried over, "death eaters, Malfoy let them in, they're here!"

Lupin's eyes widened. Hardly seconds later Bill, Tonks and Sirius all joined them and they set about searching for the Death Eaters.

They weren't hard to find, the group found them soon later at the foot of the Astronomy tower.

"Stupify!" Venus yelled, but the death eater she had been aiming at dodged it easily. In no time a fight had broken out. Venus spotted one of the death eaters sprinting up the Astronomy tower steps and aimed a spell at him, but missed as she was forced to dodge a killing curse sent her way.

"CRUCIO!" Her death eater yelled.

Venus dodged the spell, "Impedimenta!" She yelled back.

"Avada Kedavra!" Venus watched as Lupin dodged the spell and it hit the death eater returning back down the stairs. Then she ducked under another spell and saw something horrendous. Bill was lying on the floor, his face bloody and Fenrea Greyback was towering over him, blood dripping from his hands.

Greyback didn't look human, he looked more like a werewolf than Venus had ever seen.

"Stupefy!" Venus yelled and the Werewolf was flung back away from her oldest brother.

"Nice one Venus!" Sirius yelled as he shot a spell at the death eater whom she had been fighting.

Suddenly all of the Death Eaters were retreating up the Astronomy tower. Neville charged after them, but seemed to hit an invisible force field and was flung backwards.

The large blonde death eater remained, causing as much havoc as he could, but not aiming at anyone in particular, but he caused enough havoc that the ceiling eventually crumbled to the floor. In all of the commotion and dust Venus was able to charge over wards Neville, who was lying on the floor face down.