61- The End Of The DA

It wasn't until DA sessions later that Harry declared that they were ready to attempt the Patronus Charm.

Harry demonstrated his own patrons and told them all to try it

Venus wracked her brain for a happy memory to use, and eventually settled all of the times that she and Ginny has snuck out of the house to steal their brother's brooms and practice Quidditch in the yard of the Burrow.

"Expecto Patronum," Venus waved her wand. A thin wispy mist came out of the end, but quickly evaporated.

"Good Venus," Harry patted her on the back, "see if you can find a happier memory."

When Sirius had given her Marlene's necklace, that must be happy enough.

"Expecto Patronum." She said again. The same mist came out, but vanished quickly again.

Venus glanced around the room and her eyes wrested on Neville. His face was scrunched up in concentration.

He had made more progress than perhaps anyone in the DA and mastered most of the spells quicker than anyone, but it seemed he was having trouble with the Patronus Charm.

"Venus give it another go." Harry prompted her.

"Oh," she shook herself, "Expecto Patronum."

A large animal irrupted from the end of her wand. It landed on all fours and looked up at her.

"Well done Venus!" Harry thumped her on the back and moved off to help others who were struggling.

"It's a wolf." Ginny noted.

"No," Venus shook her head. The creature's snout was too long for it to be a wolf, it's tale was tufted and it stared up at Venus with human like eyes, "it's a werewolf."

A few moments later the door to the room opened and a house elf walked it. It looked up at Harry and told him that Umbridge knew where they were.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?" Harry demanded of the group, who were all frozen in shock. "RUN!"

Venus felt someone grab her arm and pull her out of the room.

"Neville slow down!" She said. But he didn't listen. DA members were running in all directions and there was no way that Umbridge and her cronies wouldn't find them.

Venus spotted a broom cupboard and pulled Neville into it, just she saw some Slytherin students round the corner.

The cupboard was very small, so Venus was pressed right up against Neville. They tried to stay as quiet as they could, but they were breathing heavily from the running. She was sure that the Slytherins hadn't seen them, but she kept her lips pressed together as the footsteps passed the cupboard door.

When the footsteps faded away both of them let out sighs of relief.

"That was close." Neville panted and reached for the door handle.

Venus slapped his hand away from it, "we should stay here for a bit, until we can be sure they're all gone."

"Good thinking," Neville agreed.

The minuets ticked by and they continued to hear footsteps outside the cupboard, but thankfully no one checked inside. Venus assumed that they thought it was too small for anyone to hide it. They would have been right in that respect. There was hardly enough standing space for one person, yet they had crammed two people in.

"This is cosy," Venus looked up at Neville. He wasn't that much taller than her, his nose was at her eye level.

Neville stifled at laugh, "if this is what you think cosy is."

Venus smiled, before she could stop herself, she had lent forwards and kissed him full on the lips.

"Ow!" They both complained as their foreheads bumped together, then they burst into laughter, which they both tried to silence with their hands as they heard yet more footsteps approaching.

When the footsteps had faded Venus looked back at Neville.

"Take two?" She suggested.

Neville was blushing scarlet, but leant forwards and they kissed again.

WOOOOOOO!
So I don't normally do tags, but Samantha_Dynamite296 bullied me, so here you go.
I'm going to spell my name out in songs.

Everyday I Love You Less And Less by Kaiser Chiefs
Million Dollar Man by Lana Del Rey
I Lived by One Republic
Letters From The Sky by Civil Twilight
Young And A Menace by Fallout Boy

I am not mean like Samantha_Dynamite296 so I will not inflict this upon particular people, but if you want to do it, consider yourself tagged.

Also I've found the cutest song that sums up Neville and Venus's relationship perfectly. It's called Young Love by Coby Grant.
I have actually compiled a playlist on Spotify of songs that I listen to for inspiration for this story. It's on Spotify and is titled Ve by Emily Foster. Go and check it out, there's also some songs that relate to Marlene in there too. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/fozzy22/playlist/0hv3yyLJavGyXtDKPJKsPa

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx