87- Imperio

It wasn't long before the door opened again and Neville was shoved into the room.

Venus immediately jumped to her feet and made towards the door, but it was no use, it had snapped shut again.

"I bought you these." Neville said eventually after a long period of silence. He was holding a stack of folded clothes in his arms.

"Thankyou," said Venus glumly. Neville placed the clothes in a corner and made his way over to Venus.

"It's going to be okay, you took your potion- there's nothing that they can do." He assured her, but his face had drained of colour showing just how scared he really was.

"Yeah." Venus agreed, "there is no way I'm going to hurt you Neville- I promise."

She could feel the pull of the moon on her. It pulled at every molecule of her body.

"Are you okay?" Neville put his hand on Venus's shoulder. But she brushed him off and retreated to a corner.

********

The scene that unfolded before his eyes had to be one of the worst things that Neville had ever witnessed. It was hard to put into word the exact nature of what he was feeling as he watched Venus transform. Her features, that he had always found so beautiful, were morphing, and her bones cracked and seemed to rest themselves before his eyes.

The transformation itself lasted for around five minutes. After that time there stood a large wolf.

It had dark brown fur and a scar down one side of it's face. However it's eyes were what gave it away. Venus's Hazelnut coloured eyes were staring at him. Her eyes were wide with an emotion that Neville could not identify.

She backed up against the wall, but kept her eyes fixed on Neville.

Neville was trembling with a combination of shock and fear, but nevertheless he walked slowly towards Venus.

She growled at him, warning him to stay back. But he ignored her. Very slowly he sat down beside her and placed a hand on her fur. This seemed to relax her. She wrested her head down on Neville's lap and closed her eyes.

********

Neville fell asleep quickly, but Venus remained alert, her ears pricked, picking up the faintest of sounds.

She heard footsteps approaching from quite far off. She scrambled to her feet and stood on all fours staring at the door.

Neville woke with a jolt when the lock clicked open and Amycus Carrow peered into the room.

Venus snapped her jaws at him, warning him to back off, but he merely smiled.

"Imperio." Amycus aimed a spell at Venus.

Nothing happened. Venus felt no change.

"I get the feeling that your plan isn't working." Neville scrambled to his feet.

Venus snapped her jaws again and charged at Amycus, but before she could do anything, the Death Eater slammed the door and clicked the lock again. Venus scratched at the door, but it was too strong for her to make any indent on. She let out a howl of frustration and turned back to Neville, she let out a huff and curled back up in the corner.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx