43- The Full Moon At Headquarters

"Dad I swear!" Venus told Sirius just as Molly locked them and Remus in the cellar the next day, "if this doesn't work out, I'm going to kill you!"

"So violent!" Sirius smiled as he watched both Remus and Venus place spare clothes in a corner, it seemed that they had both chosen to wear old clothes rather than take them off completely.

"Just like her mother." Lupin added.

Venus sat down with her back against the wall and closed her eyes. She could feel the pull of the moon beginning to have its effect on her, but it wasn't quite time.

"What were you guys talking about with Dumbledore last week?" Venus asked eventually.

The two men exchanged looks.

"Well Venus that a bit complicated." Sirius confessed, "with the state of the ministry as it is, they're not exactly being really hot on maintaining the Werewolf register."

"So..." Venus frowned.

"So Dumbledore has thus far been able to keep your name off of the list and out of the ministry." Lupin continued.

"Why?"

"Because Voldemort probably has spies in the ministry." Sirius said darkly, "and Voldemort would want to use it against the Order."

"So I have to make sure no one suspects anything." Venus looked back and fourth.

"Essentially." Lupin nodded.

Venus frowned. Her thoughts for some reason jumped quickly to Neville, who kept getting the brunt end of Venus's mood swings, but still didn't know the truth.

"Okay." She said eventually. "I'll keep it quiet."

"That a girl." Sirius grinned.

"Padfoot." Lupin said quickly as he backed into a corner, "I believe it would be best if you transformed now."

Sirius wasted no time and transformed quickly. Just in time too.

The full moon was taking effect.

********

Thankfully Sirius' plan worked.

Neither Werewolf managed to escape and they woke up in the morning still in the cellar.

Venus and Remus dressed quickly and then they sat waiting for someone to let them out of the cellar.

"You didn't think about this part did you Dad." Venus yawned.

Sirius shrugged, "it never came up!"

Eventually Ginny turned up (yawning widley) to let them out.

"Thanks Gin." Venus yawned back.

Sirius, Remus and Venus all slumped down at the kitchen table and grabbed some of the toast that was set out there.

Molly was bustling around the kitchen and there was a loud crack that signalled Fred and George had arrived.

Venus groaned, "I'm going to bed." She made her way up the stairs and fell face first onto her bed in the room that she and Ginny were sharing.

********

It wasn't until a few weeks later that Mrs Weasley found out about the extendable ears.

She went through all of their rooms, turning them upside down to find the ears. Which left them with no way to listen in on the order meetings.

Dumbledore had also asked them to restrict their letter writing, which meant that Venus and Ginny were not allowed to write to Mali as much as they would have liked.

"She's going to think we hate her!" Venus said sadly as she finished off a very vague letter to her friend.

"She couldn't think that!" Ginny shook her head, "and we don't hate her!"

"But that won't stop her from thinking that we do!" Venus tied the letter to the leg of a screech owl that belonged to Sirius.

The owl took off and the two girls watched it go, feeling slightly down.

Later that day Tonks showed Ginny and Venus how to check if a door had been Imperturbed.

Tonks Imperturbed their bedroom door and the three of them spent the afternoon throwing things at it.

"Why exactly do we need to know this?" Venus asked as she lobbed a pillow at the door.

Tonks shrugged, "you never know when it will come in handy."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx