90- Goodbye To Hogwarts

The first thing that Venus knew she had to do, was get a message to her parents.

From what Ginny had said, Venus was sure that Sirius would go on a rampage if he didn't hear from her, and she couldn't even begin to imagine how worried Molly and Arthur were.

She had spent quite a lot of time studying advanced Transfiguration spells in her spare time, so she was able to write a short coded letter and transfigure it into a small bug that flew out of the common room, with orders to go directly to the Burrow.

"I think my best bet is to go out through the Forbidden Forest." Venus told Ginny and Neville before she left the common room. "You guys need to promise to get a message to me when Harry comes back."

"You want to be here for the revolution." Ginny grinned.

"Ve, I want to come with you," insisted Neville.

"No." Venus put her hand on his arm, "they need you here. You need to keep causing havoc for the Carrows."

"But-"

"No buts." Venus shook her head, "I'm going. Plus I won't have any Wolfsbane with me, so it's not safe for you to come."

"We'll keep fighting." Ginny assured her, "and we'll see you soon."

"Yeah." Venus smiled weakly.

Neville pulled her into another kiss.

"I'll see you soon," said Venus. "I promise."

Then she turned and made her way out of the common room.

"What do we do now then?" Parvati asked eventually, after they had all been in silence for quite a while.

"We do exactly what we told Venus we would," said Neville, "we raise hell for the Carrows."

********

Venus's trip through the castle wasn't as hard as it could've been. On the way up to the common room, she had several near misses with Peeves or Filtch, but on her way back down the corridors and staircases seemed deserted.

She hurtled across the grounds at breakneck speed. Not stopping until she was at the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

At the tree line she stopped for a moment to catch her breath. She lent against a particularly large tree and stared back up at the castle.

Most of the windows were dark, but the few that did have lights flickering inside made the castle stand out, a dark silouette against the night sky.

The grounds were very dark as well, the moon wasn't visible, and the sky was cloudy. Venus knew she couldn't linger for too long, but she couldn't help but wonder if she'd ever see the castle again.

At long last she drew her wand and turned away from Hogwarts. She began walking slowly into the forest.

Almost immediately the silence pressed in upon her ears. She couldn't hear anything moving around her, the rustling of the trees as a faint breeze blew through their branches and the cracking of twigs under her own feet were the only noises.

"Lumos." Venus murmured as the canopy above her grew thicker, and the forest grew darker.

She wasn't entirely sure how she would get out of the grounds through the forest, but one thing that she did know is that it would take her quite a long time.

After a while, Venus feet were so sore that she was sure she couldn't walk much longer.

She climbed a particularly large tree and rested on one of the lower branches. She charmed the brach so that she was stuck to it and wouldn't fall off, and settled down to sleep, letting the rustling of the leaves sooth her into a slumber.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx