39- The Third Task

On the night of the 25th May Venus ventured out to the Shrieking Shack with news.

Harry had sought her out that morning and explained everything that had happened on the outskirts of the Forbidden Forest the previous night with Barty Crouch.

Venus climbed through the passageway and emerged to see Sirius once again standing there waiting for her.

He immediately noticed the grim look on her face, "what's wrong?" He frowned.

"I have some news from Harry." Venus said. She launched into the explanation that Harry had given her earlier.

"So Crouch was just gone?" Sirius frowned.

"That's what Harry said." Venus nodded.

"We're missing something." Sirius muttered, "whatever it is, it's going to come back to bite us in the arse."

"Let's hope that doesn't happen." Venus sighed, "anyway. The final task is next month, so then you can move out of that cave." Venus pulled her backpack off, "speaking of cave, I bought you some more food."

"Excellent," Sirius grinned.

Venus set the backpack down next to the entrance to the passage and once again headed upstairs to transform.

********

"Mum!" Venus, Ginny and Mali walked into the Great Hall on the 24th June to see their mother and Bill sat at the Gryffindor table with Ron.

"Hello dears!" Molly smiled at them, "how were your last exams?"

"Good," Venus sat down next to Bill, with Mali next to her and Ginny opposite, "I couldn't remember the rune for eight, so I drew a picture of a bird."

Molly tutted under her breath and Bill laughed.

Fred, George and Hermione all joined them, and it felt a lot like back at the Burrow over the summer again. At dinner time Harry was pulled away by Ludo Bagman to prepare for the task. He received a massive applause from the Gryffindor table and everyone wished him luck for the task.

Eventually they all filed out to watch.

With the full moon being the next day Venus didn't feel very well, but she was pushing it aside in anticipation of the last task. But Mrs Weasley found out in no time.

"Oh Venus you're burning up!" Molly fussed over her daughter when she found out, "are you not well?"

"I'm fine mum really!" Venus brushed her mother off.

"Venus has been refusing to go to the hospital wing in the lead up to you know what." Ginny grassed her out. Venus shot her sister a scathing look.

"Venus is this true?" Molly demanded, "if you're having side effects, you must go and see the Matron!"

"Madam Pomfry just keeps giving me sleeping potions!" Venus protested, "there's not much she can do, so there's no point going to her."

Molly tutted under her breath, "well, as soon as the task is over we will go straight to the hospital wing!"

They sat down in the stands of the Quidditch pitch to see that large hedges had been grown on the pitch.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Ludo Bagman's voice boomed around the stadium, "the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place are Mr Cedric Diggory and Mr Harry Potter, both from Hogwarts School!" They all cheered enthusiastically. "In second place of Durmstrang Institute, Mr Viktor Krum!" More applause, "And in Third from Beauxbatons Academy, Miss Fleur Delacour!" There was more applause.

"So on my whistle!" Bagman yelled, "Harry and Cedric! Three- Two- One-" he blew the whistle and Harry and Cedric disappeared into the maze.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx