67- The Slug Club

"Neville!" Venus grinned when he found her on the train. Ginny had gone off to find Dean, and Mali had been made a Prefect so had disappeared with Ron and Hermione for a prefects meeting. Which left Harry and Venus to find a compartment alone.

Eventually Neville and Luna arrived.

Venus kissed Neville and pulled him down beside her.

"How are you Ve?" Neville's voice was laced with concern.

"I'm okay." She assured him, "just no loud noises or sudden movements."

Neville showed off his new wand, as he had broken his first one in the battle of the department of mysteries.

"So are we going to carry on with DA meetings this year?" Luna asked Harry.

"No point now Umbridge is gone." Harry shrugged.

"I like the DA! Neville protested. I learnt loads with you." Neville protested.

"I enjoyed the meetings lots too." Luna said, "It was almost like having friends."

Harry looked uncomfortable. He quickly changed the subject to OWL results. Neville recited his results and thanked Venus profusely for helping him achieve an Acceptable in Transfiguration.

Eventually Hermione, Ron and Mali arrived in the compartment. Mali hugged Venus tightly and the two girls began discussing their summer holidays.

The compartment door slid open and a breathless third year girl stood there holding three pieces of paper. "I'm supposed to deliver these to Neville Longbottom, Venus Black-Weasley and Harry P-Potter." She handed them the pieces of parchment and stumbled out of the compartment.

"What is it?" Mali asked, peering over Venus's shoulder.

"An invitation." Harry was looking at his own paper. Venus looked down at her own.

Venus,

I would be delighted if you would join me for a bite of lunch in compartment C.

Sincerely, Professor H.E.F. Slughorn

"Who's Slughorn?" Neville asked.

"New teacher." Harry said, getting to his feet, "I guess we'd better go then."

"What does he want with me?" Neville asked, he looked as if he was ready to receive a detention.

"What wouldn't he want with you?" Venus asked. The three of them made it down the corridor, Venus and Neville holding hands.

They earnt lots of looks as they made their way through the corridor. The battle of the department of mysteries had been all over the prophet and Harry's name had appeared in the papers more than the word 'and'.

When they made it to compartment C they found they weren't Slughorn's only invitees.

"Harry m'boy," Slughorn greeted them when they walked in, "good to see you! And you must be Mr Longbottom and Miss Black-Weasley."

They took seats in the compartment. Venus sat down next to Ginny, who didn't look entirely sure how she got there.

Slughorn went around and introduced everyone.

"I was just telling young Marcus here that I had the pleasure of teaching his Uncle Damocles." Slughorn said, "Outstanding wizard. His order of Merlin was well deserved as well. Do you see much of your uncle, Marcus?"

"No, not much of him." Marcus almost choked on a bread roll that he was eating.

"Well, I daresay he's busy."

"I suppose, but him and my dad don't get along see, so I don't..."

As soon as he heard this Slughorn moved onto the next person. It seemed that everyone in the compartment- excluding Ginny- was related to someone well known or influential.

After Cormac, Blaise Zabini was interviewed, it turned out he had a beautiful witch for a mother. Next it was Venus's turn.

"Now Venus, I remember your parents quite well." Slughorn said, "It was good to hear that Sirius has been pardoned."

"Yes." Venus said.

"I assume that you know your father well?" Slughorn asked.

"He stayed with us this summer actually." Venus nodded.

"I must say, you're quite impressive yourself, survived a Werewolf attack when you were thirteen, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you were at the department of mysteries in the summer?"

"Yes." Venus nodded, she was unwilling to relive the event, especially in a compartment full of people she didn't know.

Slughorn nodded and moved on to questioning Neville. This was uncomfortable as Slughorn asked him about his parents. Neville was squeezing Venus's hand tightly, but she didn't mind. It was nice to know she could still reassure him.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx