99- What A Vicious Wolfie

Venus charged towards the castle as fast as her four legs would carry her. She figured that her best bet to find Greyback would be to go to the busiest place, where he would be trying to bite as many people as possible.

Sure enough, she found him in the entrance hall, attacking Lavender Brown. Venus didn't have a plan. There was no rhyme or reason to her attacks, she just knew that she was the only person- or wolf- who could take down Greyback without the worry of him overpowering of infecting her. She was already infected, and matter now wolf like he may seem in his human form, his strength wouldn't come close to Venus's whilst she was in full wolf form.

She lunged at him and ripped him off of the feebly stirring Lavender Brown. Greyback stumbled back and grinned, baring his sharp teeth.

"What's this?" He snarled, "a cub-" but he didn't get to finish, Venus had sunk her teeth into his shoulder. He roared in pain and fought back against her, but she was too strong. She bit at tore at his flesh until he fell back onto the floor in a bloody mess. She hadn't noticed what had been going on around her until she stood panting, looking at Greyback's lifeless body.

"You have fought, valiantly," the battle fell silent around her and the high cold voice of Voldemort pierced the night again, "Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery. Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to fight, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste. Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat, immediately. You have one hour, dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured."

"I speak now, directly to Harry Potter," Voldemort continued, "you have permitted your friends to die, rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for you in the Forbidden Forest for one hour, if you do not come I shall kill every last man, woman or child who tries to conceal you from me. One hour." The voice faded, but seemed to still echo through the halls.

There was a mass movement as all of the Death Eaters rushed through the Entrance Hall and out into the grounds.

The survivors of the battle began to congregate in the Great Hall. Bodies of the dead were being bought in and layed out in the middle. Injured were being treated on the raised platform by Madam Pomfry.

And Venus stood in the corner of the room, watching it all unfold. The grounds outside were still pitch black, and Venus assumed that she wouldn't return (if ever) to her human form, until the sun rose.

The Weasleys gathered in a group to one side of the hall. Venus was glad to see that, apart from a few minor cuts and scrapes, they all seemed okay. Mali was with them, one of her arms had been bound up in a sling by the Matron, but she also seemed okay. Lupin had pulled Tonks away from the main group of people and seemed to be telling her off for showing up to the battle.

"What if we had died?" He demanded, "Teddy would have been left an orphan!"

"Where's Venus!" Molly demanded doing a headcount of her children, after Ron and Hermione arrived. Molly looked frantically at her husband, who was also looking around the hall frantically.

"The last I saw her she was duelling Amycus Carrow," Arthur said, as his eyes raked the hall.

Sirius was looking frantically around as well, but none of them thought to look for a brown coloured animal.

"Remus!" Sirius snapped, Lupin looked towards his friend, "where is my daughter? You said you'd keep an eye on her."

"She's-" Lupin's eyes searched for her, and then he spotted her in the corner watching the scene unfold, "there." He finished, "Amycus Carrow cast the Homophus Charm on her."

Molly followed Lupin's gaze, "where?" She asked, "I can't see her."

"She's the wolf Molly," said Sirius.

"What?" Arthur frowned, "how is that possible?"

"The Homophus Charm," said Lupin, "forces a werewolf to resume their other form, if they are a wolf they turn into a human, if they are a human they turn into a wolf."

"Ve." Ginny had ignored all of what the adults were saying and walked towards her sister, with Mali close behind her. "I'm glad to see you're okay Ve." Mali and Ginny sat down on either side of her.

Where's Neville? Venus almost willed her sister to hear her. To tell her the answer to the question she so desperately needed answering.

"Neville is helping gather the dead," said Mali, seeming to pick up on what Venus's intense gaze meant. "He's okay, I just saw him."

Venus let out a sigh of relief and settled down on the floor, wresting her head between her paws and continuing to watch the other people inside the Great Hall.

I decided to post another update, because I'm nice.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx