47- Back To School Again

"Oh for God's sake Sirius, Dumbledore said no!" Molly exclaimed.

Everyone was in the hall preparing to leave to go to the train station to catch the Hogwarts Express.

By sheer dumb luck the 2nd of September was a full moon that year, meaning that Venus would have to miss the start of term feast. Thankfully she wasn't having many side effects.

Sirius had just padded into the hall in dog form.

"Honestly." Molly shook her head, "well on your head be it!"

Getting to the station was a complicated affair.

Venus and Ginny went with Lupin and were second to arrive at the station after Harry, Molly, Tonks and Sirius.

They began loading their trunks into the train. Ginny and Venus quickly located Mali who was sat in a compartment waiting for them.

They returned to say goodbye to everyone.

Molly gave everyone hugs as did everyone else.

Venus squeezed Sirius and then they all hurried onto the train.

"So where have you guys been all summer?" Mali asked.

"It's a long story-" Venus began, but the compartment door slid open Luna Lovegood stood there holding the latest addition of The Quibbler.

"Is it okay if I sit with you?" She asked in a dream voice.

"Make yourself at home." Venus gestured to the free seats.

Harry quickly joined them, explaining that Ron and Hermione had to go to a prefects meeting.

Neville took a seat next to Venus not long after.

"Look what I got for my birthday." He was holding a cactus that was moving around and squirming.

"What is it?" Venus frowned at the strange plant.

"Mimbulus Mimbletonia." Neville grinned proudly. "It's really rare, it can do all sorts of things!" Neville went on to explain all of the plants different properties.

Venus was holding his toad, and grinning like an idiot.

Ginny and Mali exchanged knowing looks.

Eventually Ron and Hermione joined them. They all began to change their clothes to put on their robes. But Venus didn't bother.

"Why aren't you changing?" Neville frowned.

Venus shrugged, "I have to go see Madam Pomfry when we get to school."

"So you're not going to be at the feast?" Neville sounded slightly disappointed.

"No, but I'll see you tomorrow." She told him.

Madam Pomfry was waiting at the station to escort her to the Shrieking Shack.

She settled in for a long night.

********

Venus traped into the Great Hall the next morning in her Hogwarts robes that she had taken to the shack with her to put on the next morning.

She plopped down in-between Ginny and Mali, straight away reaching for the jug of coffee.

"You missed a good feast." Mali said through a mouthful of bacon. "The new Defence teacher is a toad."

"She's that ministry woman Harry told us about." Said Ginny, "Umbridge."

"Venus!" Angelena Johnson tapped her on the back.

"Hi Angelena," Venus yawned.

"I've been made Gryffindor Quidditch captain this year." She explained.

"Welldone!" Venus sipped her coffee.

"And we need a new Keeper since Oliver had left. Tryouts are on Friday at five, and I want the whole team there."

"Okay, I'll see you then." Venus smiled and Angelena hurried away.

Professor McGonagall was making her way down the table handing out time tables.

"Here you go, Miss Young, Miss Weasley, Miss Black-Weasley." She handed the three girls their timetables.

Venus's first lesson was double History of Magic, which she was thankful for. It meant she could sleep through the lesson. Then she had Defence Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration (Venus's favorite lesson) and finally double Herbology (which Venus had improved at massively since the previous year).

"We'd better get going." Ginny said as they finished off their breakfast.

"Yeah," Mali nodded, "I would just hate to be late to one of Binn's lessons." She added sarcastically.

"Let's just get this over with!" Venus took her bag from Ginny and they headed to their first lesson.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx