Chapter 3

It was the day after the demon's attack. Konoha was in a stage of grief. The villagers had just lost their hokage, Namikaze Minato. He and his wife had sacrificed their lives for Konoha's sake. Before their death they managed to seal away Kyuubi in a new born's body.

In this time of grief the Haruno family was going through another crisis. The elder born daughter of the family had not only spoken her first word a little too early but also on the same day of the attack, just mere seconds before the attack. But this was not the thing that worried Mr. and Mrs. Haruno. The thing that worried them was that their daughter's first word was kyuubi, the name of the demon. 

The night before, after they had got this information from  Itachi, they had been stunned speechless. Kizashi had recovered from the shock, quickly and told Itachi that it may have been a mere coincidence. Saki may have heard some people shouting it's name in all the chaos and repeated it. It had seemed like a logical thing to happen, so the matter had been left there. But after all the commotion had ended and the Haruno's had returned home, Kizashi had told Mebuki the truth, their baby had said the name before the attack had even begun. Saki's parents had been very worried. 

Was there something wrong with their baby? 

They decided to keep this information to themselves. If anyone found out about this, they would treat their baby as a threat. Saki would be taken away from them and God knows what will happen to her. The villagers of Konoha would not hesitate in harming anyone who may be connected with the demon.  

They had to protect their child. They didn't care if their child was connected to the demon. It didn't matter if she was a threat, because to them she was their precious child. Their Saki. And no matter what, they did always love her.

Months had passed by like that and the Haruno twins had turned one year olds. Saki had learned how to talk fluently and walk properly within this single year, while Sakura could only say mama and papa and could walk only upto 3-4 steps without falling down. Saki didn't think Sakura was slow, she was a normal baby unlike herself, who was a 19 year old lady. Yes, she added her current age in her previous life's age. 

Their neighbors often called Saki a prodigy, a genius who could even rival the children of the prestigious Uchiha and Hyuuga clans. She knew that her parents were very proud to hear such compliments but every time she heard such things, she couldn't help but feel guilty. She was not like those other children who matured with their own intelligence. She had known all this from her previous life, so there was no competition.

Unlike normal children who would who would ask their parents to tell them stories, Saki would instead often ask Kizashi and Mebuki about how it was to be ninja's. She would often ask them about basic ninjutsus, genjutsus and taijutsus. Saki knew that she and Sakura were going to be kunoichis someday, so she wanted to muster up all the information she could before starting academy. Her parents would gladly show her everything. They thought that Saki was just too eager to follow after their footsteps.

One thing that Saki could understand after being born in this world was why Naruto was obsessed with Ramen and Itachi with dangos. They tasted absolutely delicious. She had first visited the famous Ichiraku Ramen shop while running an errand with her father. Her father had ordered a large bowl of miso ramen and had let Saki try some and from then on Saki had often insisted on visiting it again. Saki had liked spicy food in her previous life too but she hadn't really been a fan of sweet things. One day Saki's father had bought home dangos for the first time. He had insisted that Saki tries some. Saki had tried refusing but eventually she had to eat it. And God knows how glad she had been to eat it. It was absolutely lovely. From then on Saki decided that dangos were an exception in her hatred for sweets.

Everyday Saki was learning something new and fun in this world. She loved her life here, it was absolutely savory.

Sorry for the short chapter but I can't really think of anything to write. My exams are going on and I might not be able to publish often.