Chapter 23

Squad 7 was currently seated on the boat which would carry them to their destination.

Naruto was seated on the end, on one side were seated Sasuke and Kakashi and Saki was seated right in front of Sasuke with Sakura on her right side and of course Tazuna was seated on the other end.

Saki squinted her eyes to try to see what's ahead but to no avail, the mist was too thick.

' The mist is so thick. I can't see what's ahead.'

Sakura spoke up.

It was silent for a while until the person rowing the boat spoke up.

' We should be able to see the bridge soon. If we move along the side of the bridge, we'll be at the Country of the Wave.'

After a while the humongous bridge came into view. Saki's eyes widened in amazement. Seeing the bridge in real life was completely different from seeing it in the anime.

' IT'S HUGE!'

Naruto shouted out excited.

' Hey! Be quiet!'

The rower said.

' We're using this boat and hiding in the mist. That's why I am rowing instead of using the engine. In other words, if we got caught, we'll be in trouble.'

Naruto clamped his mouth shut, Sakura looked a little scared, Sasuke and Kakashi remained unfazed and as for Tazuna, he looked nervous.

' Don't be so stiff Naruto.'

Saki decided to speak trying to lessen the stiff atmosphere.

' You need not be so tense. Just speak in a low voice and try to contain your excitement for a while.'

Naruto's shoulders visibly relaxed.

'You sure know how to handle this midget.'

Tazuna told Saki after watching the exchange.

' Saki-nee is Saki-nee. She is practically my elder sister.'

Naruto said directing a goofy smile towards Saki.

Saki couldn't help but smile at that. Yes, she agreed. She has always tried to act like real sister towards Naruto. Scolding him, correcting him and encouraging him towards the right path so that he may never feel that he is all alone in this cruel world.

' Tazuna-san.'

Kakashi called out.

' Before the boat gets to the pier, there's something I need to ask you. The identity of the ones who are after you, and the reason they are after you. Or we can call this mission off when you get ashore, Tazuna-san.'

It was silent for a while as everyone looked at Tazuna intently.

' It looks like I have to tell you the real story.'

He finally said.

' I mean, I would like for you to hear my story. As you said, this mission is most likely out of your job description. An extremely terrible man is after my life.'

' An extremely terrible man?'

 Kakashi asked.

' Yes.'

' Who is it?'

Kakashi urged.

' You should have all at least heard of the name. Marine transportation billionaire Gatoh.' 

Kakashi's visible eye widened.

' Gatoh? The one from the Gatoh Company? He's one of the richest man in this world.'