Chapter 54

"You won't lose to those bastards? Big words. . .Show off. . ."

Kiba mocked after hearing Naruto's enthusiastic declaration.

"What a moron. . .He just turned everyone into his enemy. . ."

Shikamaru also commented.

"What the hell are you doing?!!"

Sakura screamed choking Naruto.

"I was just speaking the truth!!"

Naruto pleaded as he tried to defend himself.

"E. . .Everyone it was just a joke. . .He's quite stupid and. . ."

Sakura tried to explain uneasily.

Saki felt the same Chakra spike that he felt during their first encounter with Gaara. It was those Hidden Sound Ninjas. Those nutjobs, they were going to attack Kabuto.

Saki who had been standing quite near him backed off a little.

Suddenly there was a flash of something speeding towards them as Kabuto was kicked by one of them. He was pushed back and his glasses cracked.

"What's going on? He dodged it. . .so why did his glasses. . ."

Sasuke stated in a state of confusion and shock.

"It probably grazed his nose. That's what you get for acting like a big shot."

Shikamaru said uneasily.

Saki also saw that he clearly dodged it and was only scratched a little, but he still threw up like he had been brutally hit.

"Ah! He threw up!"

Naruto panicked.

"Kabuto-san?!!"

Sakura panicked along with him.

The Hidden Sound gang just giggled creepily or smirked creepily.

"Are you all right?!!"

Sakura asked in worry as she crouched down beside Kabuto. Naruto also crouched down beside him looking at him in worry.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Saki looked at the drama with a straight face. What acting. . .wasn't Kabuto actually their leader?

"How pathetic, especially because, aren't you a 4 year veteran?"

They mocked Kabuto.

"Write this down on your cards. "The three Hidden Sound Ninjas, definite future Chuunins."

They said arrogantly.

"Quite down you worthless bastards!!!"

A strict, gruff voice boomed in the classroom as a puff of smoke appeared out of nowhere.

"What's this?"

Voices of confusion rang out in the classroom. 

The smoke dissipated to reveal Ibiki, the first examiner along with his group of  assistants? (I dunno what to call them. He just appears with a bunch of ninjas behind him like a Mafia Don.)

"Thanks for waiting. . .I am Morino Ibiki, the examiner for the Chuunin Selection Exam's first test."

He introduced with a cold smile.

Everyone was quite with either fear or nervousness. Even Saki was a little intimidated by him. You really can't feel the pressure of the situation through the screens of your phone or laptop.

"Hidden Sound guys, stop doing as you please before the exam. Do you want to fail already?"

He threatened pointing a finger at them.

"I apologize. . .This is our first time. . .We got a bit carried away. . ."

The one who had initiated the attack apologized nervously.

Ibiki just sneered at the apology.

"Here's a good opportunity to say this. . .There will be no fighting without the permission of the examiner. Even if the permission is granted, killing your opponents will not be tolerated. Those pigs who disobey me will be failed immediately. Do I make myself clear?"

He asked threateningly.

Everyone was quite. The atmosphere was very tense.

"We will now start the first test in the Chuunin Exam."

Ibiki broke the silence as he started giving instructions.

"Instead of your current sitting arrangements. . .You will pick one of these tabs and sit in the seat assigned to you. We will now hand out the exams."

"What!?!! A paper test?!!!?!!"

Naruto shouted in panic.

Saki patted him on the back.

"It's okay. Just stay put okay. I believe in you."

Saki could only say this because she knew that this test didn't hold any importance except for one's willpower. If she was really a character who had existed from the beginning . . .then she was afraid to say that. . .she didn't quite believe in Naruto's academic abilities.

"I hope I am with Saki-nee!! You will let me cheat right?!!"

He asked, his eyes sparkling.

"Depends on the seating arrangements. . ."

Saki really didn't mind, but Naruto wasn't really the best at stealth. Well she will see to it after picking the tab. With that she walked to the front and chose a tab.

She looked at her number and quickly went to find her seat. It didn't look like she was with any of her teammates. She just hoped she wasn't with those Sound hooligans.

"This one. . ."

She muttered as she reached the spot. As she looked up she saw. . .

Gaara. . .