Chapter 10

Saki sat in the academy in her usual seat. That is, next to Sasuke. She was anxiously waiting for Naruto to show up along with his forehead protector. Sure, Naruto passed in the actual series but she wasn't so sure anymore, her being here had made many changes. Saki kept on glancing at the door as she heard Sasuke sigh beside her.

'You do know that he's not coming right? That idiot didn't pass.'

He said looking at her from the corner of his eyes.

'I don't know what to say Sasuke.'

Jut then the door opened with a loud baam. All eyes went towards the noise. Saki's eyes lit up as Naruto walked in wearing his forehead protector.

'Naruto.'

She said smiling.

'SAKI-NEE!'

He exclaimed out in his usual loud manner. He ran up and plopped down beside her and started grinning uncontrollably.

Just then Shikamaru came up.

'What are you doing here Naruto?'

He asked glancing towards him.

'This class isn't for dropouts. You can't be here unless you graduate.'

He finished. Naruto turned to look at Shikamaru as his grin turned into a frown.

'Oh yeah?'

He began.

'You see this? You see this? Open your eyes Shikamaru. It's the regulation headband.'

He said while pointing towards his headband.

'We're going to train together. How do you like that?'

Shikamaru let out a quite 'hmph' as he placed his hand over his hip. Naruto wasn't finished yet.

'Let me put it to you this way. I look great in this, like I was made for it.'

He said giggling. Saki sighed. After passing with such difficulty, this boy is still too overconfident. Just then her thoughts were interrupted as the door opened loudly yet again. Ino and Sakura stood at the doorway trying to squeeze in before one another.   

They finally managed to squeeze in as they shouted out together.

'I'AM FIRST.'

They panted as they stood beside each other. Then Ino turned to look at Sakura.

'I win again Sakura.'

She said smirking.

'Give it up. I had to look back to see, my toe was at least a tenth of an inch ahead.'

Sakura replied back smirking.

'Have you always been so delusional?'

Ino retorted. 

Saki saw Naruto look at Sakura with a blush. She remembered how Naruto had told Saki about his crush on Sakura a week after they started going to the academy. 

Sakura turned to look at their direction. She let out a gasp. She smiled as she came running towards their direction. Naruto stood up as she said.

'Hi Sakura. What's up?' 

The poor boy was pushed away harshly as Sakura shouted.

'MOVE IT!'

Saki glared at Sakura but she just ignored it.

'Good morning Sasuke.'

She greeted sweetly. Sasuke turned to look at her.

'Mind if I sit next to you?'