Chapter 27

' No.'

Saki replied simply. She didn't know what Zabuza was playing at but she wasn't going to go with it. She did rather die than go with him.

' Oh!'

Zabuza exclaimed as his eyes shone in amusement. This little girl was just so interesting.

' YAAAHHHHHHHHHH!'

Saki heard Naruto's battle cry as he rushed towards where Zabuza was standing. Saki decided to stay out of it. It was Naruto's turn to shine. If she continued to take the blows then the show would be named 'Saki' instead of 'Naruto' and the second season will come out too 'Saki Shippuden'. She didn't want that and to top it off it sounded . . . . . lame. Saki felt depressed.

' Idiot! Stop!'

Kakashi shouted out in concern. 

Sakura held her head with both her hands. She could feel a headache coming her way.

' Naruto! What are you thinking?'

She groaned.

Sasuke just stood there watching with knitted eyebrows. He turned to look at Saki who was standing beside him watching all this with an indifferent face.

' Aren't you going to help him?'

' He clearly knows Zabuza's strength. If he still wants to take him on after knowing the risk who am I to stop him?'

Saki replied simply. If he wants to express himself who was she to stop him? After all Naruto is the protagonist of this world. Whatever he does he is bound to be successful. She would be there for him in the small parts but for a main event he has to stand alone. These are the things which would groom him for the future. 

As expected Naruto was thrown away. Zabuza had landed a punch on his abdomen. Naruto fell a little farther from where his other teammates stood. 

Sakura was overcome with emotions as she saw the hurt Naruto.

' What are you thinking, charging in like that on your own?!'

She scolded.

' Even Sasuke-kun is no match for him! Genins like ourselves have no way of defeating him no matter what we try!'

Saki rolled her eyes. Sasuke, Sasuke always Sasuke. Her vocabulary was so limited.

Naruto struggled to stand up. His hand was clutching his forehead protector which had fallen off at some point. He swayed a little as he struggled to stay standing. Blood was dripping from the corner of his mouth as his bangs cast a shadow over his eyes hiding his expression.

' Hey . . . the no-brow there . . .'

He spoke his voice stern.

' Put this in your bingo book. . . The man who will become the Hokage of the Hidden Village of Konoha one day.'

He took a deep breath and tied his forehead protector back.

' The Konoha-style ninja . . . . '

He tied a tight knot as he lifted up his face showing his deep blue eyes which were filled with determination.

' Uzumaki Naruto.'

Saki wanted to applaud. Such an epic scene had taken place in front of her own eyes. She could hear the epic soundtrack playing in the background. Her heart was going to burst from happiness. The scenes that she had only watched on her laptop were currently playing in reality. Her eyes shone thinking of all the scenes that were to come. After all this was just the beginning. She just had to . . . . . stay alive.

Everyone looked admiringly at Naruto (except Zabuza that is).

' Sasuke, lend me your ear for a second.'

Naruto said grinning.

' What do you want?'

Sasuke said confused. Saki pushed him lightly from behind. Naruto's epic plan was here and she was getting very impatient.

' Sasuke just go there. Make me proud!'

Sasuke was confused and reluctant but still went towards Naruto anyway.

' I have a plan!'

Naruto said his eyes gleaming.

' Hmph.'

Sasuke frowned.

' I can't believe you want to work as a team.'

Saki could see Sakura blushing and looking at Naruto admiringly. Saki smiled. Seems like Naruto's image had gotten higher in Sakura's mind.

Naruto wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth as his grin widened.

' Let's go wild now!'

Zabuza chuckled coldly.

' You seem to be quite confident, but do you even have a chance for victory?'

Zabuza mocked.

' What are you all doing?! I told you to run away!'

Kakashi shouted out once again. He was getting restless. His students didn't know what they were getting into.

' The outcome of this battle was decided when I got caught! Run! Our mission is to protect Tazuna-san. Did you forget that?!'

Naruto turned to look at Tazuna expectantly.

' Old man.'

Tazuna's expression was covered by his straw hat. And after a moment of silence he spoke up.

' Don't worry, I caused all of this in the first place. I won't say that I want to survive no matter what.

He raised up his head with a big grin plastered on his face.

' Sorry, everyone. Fight as much as you want.'

Saki directed an appreciating smile towards him.

' So that's how it is.'

Sasuke said smirking.

' Are you ready?'

Naruto asked Tazuna with his grin still present.

Zabuza started laughing loudly his shoulders shaking with his laughter.

' You sure don't learn, do you?'

' What?'

Naruto asked offended.

' Still pretending to be a ninja?'

Zabuza asked mockingly.

' When I was your age, my hands were already soaked in blood.'

He said bringing up his hand.

Everyone except Saki looked at him horrified. Saki just frowned. She had watched this scene several times. She was immune to it now.

' The Demon Zabuza!'

Kakashi exclaimed from inside the blob.

' Oh~'

Zabuza said in a sing song voice.

' It looks like you've heard of me.'

And just like that Kakashi looked ahead determined to tell the bloody tale of Zabuza.

AN: I know that some of you must be getting bored from the details of this story. I know that this battle has been getting dragged for a long time but I want everyone to just put themselves in Saki's shoes and go through everything. I want everyone to know what Saki is experiencing. I know I would sound silly but if you ever get transported or get reborn in Naruto you wouldn't be able to fast forward to the good parts. You will have to experience every single moment and I truly want my readers to experience that along with me and Saki. So my dears, let's live along with Saki in the Narutoverse. Thank you for you support.

ZM