Chapter 16

' Ugh! I wasted too much time.'

Sasuke grunted out as he let go of Saki's hand.

Normally a girl would have blushed in the situation which had just taken place but Saki was too busy worrying about the wasted time. The time had finished and she didn't even succeed in persuading her teammates to work together. She knew that they would pass eventually but she had hoped that they could leave a good impression on Kakashi on the first try. 

Naruto was already tied to the post when the rest of Team Seven arrived there. 

Sakura sat down on one side of Naruto as Saki sat down on the other. Sasuke followed suite and sat down near Saki. There were three bentos placed in front of the sitting team members. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura's stomachs growled in unison.

' Uh-oh. Stomachs growling huh?'

Kakashi asked in a teasing tone as he stared down at his dejected students.

' Well that's too bad. Oh! By the way about this exercise. Well I have decided that I won't send anyone of you back to the academy.'

Naruto let out a sound of utter joy.

' What?'

Sakura asked in confusion.

' I passed? All I did was faint and fall over. Do you get points for that?'

Saki blushed. And that was her sister.

Sakura and Naruto started cheering out loudly.

' That means all of us. . . . '

Naruto started.

' Yes. That means all the three of you are being . . . . . . dropped from the program. Permanantly'

Kakashi ended.

There was a stunned silence.

' DROP US FROM THE PROGRAM? THAT MEANS WE CAN NEVER BECOME NINJAS. YOU SAID THAT IF WE CAN'T TAKE THE BELLS WE WILL BE SENT BACK TO THE ACADEMY. CAN'T YOU JUST KEEP THEM AND KICK US OUT! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?'

Naruto shouted out non-stop.

' Not 'us' Naruto.'

Kakashi started.

' Only three of you. That is you, Sasuke and Sakura. Saki gets to stay because she has proved that she is better than any of you.'

He said as he patted Saki on the head and said a quite ' Good girl'.

' And as to your previous questions. That's because you don't think like ninjas, you think like little kids. Like brats!'

That hit a nerve on Sasuke as he launched towards Kakashi. Naruto let out a surprised sound and Sakura shouted out ' SASUKE!'.

Kakashi flipped Sasuke over and pinned him down on the ground sitting on him comfortably.

' You think everything is about you.'

He told Sasuke.

' GET OFF OF SASUKE! YOU CAN'T STEP ON HIM LIKE HE'S SOME KIND OF BUG!'

Sakura shouted out enraged.

' You don't know what it means to be a ninja!'

Kakashi said harshly.

' You think it's a game huh?'

Everyone looked guilty.

' Why do you think we put you on squads huh? Did you consider that question for one moment?'