Chapter 58

"You guys!!! This is no time to be celebrating!!!"

Shouted a certain spiky pony tailed female.

"I am the examiner for the second test!! Mitarashi Anko!!! Now let's go!! Follow me!!!"

"Bad timing. . ."

Ibiki said from behind the extravagantly big banner that Anko had set up when she had crashed inside the classroom.

She seemed flustered for a while but her expression changed when she looked towards the participants.

"78?! Ibiki you left 26 teams?!!"

She frowned as she accused Ibiki.

"The test was too easy this time!"

"This time there are a lot of outstanding ones."

Ibiki reasoned.

"Bah! That's fine. . .I'll at least cut them in half in the second test."

She said confidently.

"Ahhh. . .I'm getting excited. . .I'll explain everything once we have changed places, follow me."

She said quivering in excitement.

*****

Saki looked nervously at the large and eerie forest that was behind the metal fence. She looked at the note stuck on the fence that read 'Danger! Stay out!'. The forest was more eerie than what it looked liked in the anime.

"Welcome to the arena of the second test, practice arena 44. Also known as the 'Forest of Death'."

She said smirking in excitement.

"This is creepy. . ."

Sakura muttered as she looked on nervously at the forest.

"You'll soon find out. . .why it's called the 'Forest of Death'."

Anko said in a ominous tone.

Naruto frowned in annoyance repeating Anko's word in a mocking manner.

"You think that scares me?!! That's nothing!!! I'm not afraid!!!"

He declared pointing a finger at her.

"Yeah. . .You're spirited. . ."

Anko praised smiling a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

Naruto pulled out a kunai intending to throw it at Anko. Her eyes widened as she remembered this specific scene.

"Naruto wa-"

She was too late as the Kunai zoomed past Anko who had dodged in reflex and sliced through the hair of a woman wearing a traveler's straw hat.

Saki looked on in nervousness and fear as she looked at Orochimaru's disguised form. She saw a him open his mouth as a long snake like tongue slithered out and onto the ground snaking around the kunai. He suddenly looked up, staring at her direction or more accurately at her. Saki was paralyzed with fear. She felt nauseous. She knew that even if she had trained hard to become strong she was nowhere near Orochimaru's level. She flinched as she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Saki, what's wrong?"

It was Sasuke. It was like a deja vu. She remembered him doing the same thing when she had zoned out in the Land of the Waves mission. He was always the first one to notice. 

"It's nothing. . .I just didn't expect for Naruto to do that."

She said smiling in a strained manner. 

Sasuke frowned as he looked at Naruto being licked on the cheek by Anko as she licked off the blood.

"Don't bother with him too much. . ."

He said looking annoyed at the blond.

Saki also looked at Naruto's direction. Orochimaru had already came by by now returning the kunai to Anko and talking to her. Her frown deepened. She had been unable to feel his chakra before when he had been farther away which was expected as his level was that of a Sanin and he was also hiding it from all the Chunnins present here. But now she could feel a little bit of it. She didn't like it at all. It made her feel on edge. She couldn't help but quiver.

"You don't look too good."

She heard Sasuke commenting. He was now standing right in front of her as he looked at her with furrowed brows, frowning in worry.

"I'm alright. . ."

She didn't know how to explain.

Sasuke's frown deepened as he grabbed her shoulders.

"You promised me!"

He said in annoyance.

"You promised me before that you wouldn't do this! I'm not an idiot!"

Saki looked at him in confusion before remembering the promise that she had made to him after she had been severely injured by Haku. She sighed in distress, she could never hide her emotions from him. She decided to warn him in a vague manner.

"You saw that woman in the straw hat right?"

She asked as she looked at Orochimaru's direction.

"Yeah. . .The one with the long toungue."

He responded also looking at his direction.

"Her chakra. . .it's not right. Her level seems to be much higher than than anyone present here. So I was a little uncomfortable."

She said gripping his hands.

". . .She does seems very suspicious. . .but it's not like she would only attack us or something. Don't worry yourself with these needless things. Besides we are strong enough."

He said his tone uncharacteristically gentle.

Saki pursed her lips. He didn't know how wrong he was.

"But still promise me. Stay very alert."

She demanded looking at him straight in the eyes.

Sasuke looked at her as he raised an eyebrow.

"Alright."

He responded.

Saki and Sasuke both looked towards Anko who had finished her conversation with Orochimaru.

Saki looked at Orochimaru who was walking away. This time her opponent was a Sanin. She could only pray and try her best that things turn out in her favour.