Chapter 7

Saki was very worried, two years just passed by just like that. Sasuke was eight years old now. That meant only one thing. The Uchiha clan Massacre was closing in. Many thoughts were going through her mind. Can she save someone dear to Sasuke? Would saving someone dear to him, make him stay in the village and forget about revenge?

Mebuki was worried, Saki was behaving like how she had behaved at the time of the Kyuubi attack. She had stopped going to the hospital and would always sit in her room seemingly in deep thought. She was very quite and often spaced out during a conversation. Mebuki knew that Kizashi noticed this too and had tried his hardest to cheer her up. When Mebuki would ask what was bothering her? Saki would often respond with a 'Don't worry, mother. It's nothing.' or change the subject. Was something big going to happen again? This thought worried her. 

Saki walked to her class and plopped down on her usual seat. She was desperate to see Sasuke and see how he was doing. Sasuke had been quite for some days and Saki really wanted to know what was going on in his clan. After 5-6 minutes of waiting Sasuke finally arrived. He seemed deep in thought as he quietly sat down next to Saki.  

'Good morning, Sasuke.'

Saki quietly greeted him. This seemed to break him out of his thoughts, as his head snapped up towards her direction.

'M-morning'. 

He stuttered out, that's when Saki knew that it had all started.

'What's wrong Sasuke? Is something bothering you?'

Saki asked trying to know what was currently taking place.

'It's nothing.'

Sasuke answers, averting his eyes away from her.

Saki sighs.

'It's okay if you don't want to tell me Sasuke. But know this, I am right here for you.'

With that their conversation ended. Naruto was absent today, so Saki could give all her attention to Sasuke. She had spent the entire day trying to cheer him up.

The academy was finally over and Saki was preparing to leave for home when Sasuke suddenly called out her name.

'Saki?'

Saki turned her attention towards him.

'Yes?'

He seemed hesitant and a little bit unsure but continued anyways.

'I need to tell you something?'

'Okay. Go on.'

'Not here. Somewhere private.'

'Okay.'

Saki stood up and followed Sasuke. As they were about to leave the Academy grounds, they ran into Sakura and Ino.

'Hello, Sasuke-kun!'

Sakura said a blush decorating her face. 

'Hn. Let's go, Saki.'

Sasuke said grabbing Saki's hand and started walking in the direction of the woods. Sakura grabbed Sasuke's wrist.

'Why is it always Saki?'

Sakura said glaring at Saki. Saki glared right back.

'She's nothing special.'

Sasuke turned to glare at Sakura.

'She is special, alright. Unlike you and your group, she comes here with the purpose of becoming a great kunoichi.'

With that Sasuke dragged Saki away, leaving a fuming Sakura and a worried Ino who was trying to calm Sakura down.