Chapter 50

The next day Saki, Sakura and Sasuke waited for Naruto to come to their meeting spot for them to go give their attendence for their chunin exams.

Saki glanced at Sakura. She had cheered up a lot after yesterdays encouragement folrom their parents but she was still visibly nervous about the exams. Saki just hoped that she could find her inner strenght through this exam.

"Hey!!!! Saki-nee!!! Sakura-chan!!!"

Naruto's loud and cheerful voice rang out as he greeted them.

"Good morning."

Saki greeted with her usual smile.

"Yeah. . .Good morning. . ."

Sakura greeted smiling in a tense manner.

Saki saw that Sasuke also noticed Sakura's peculiar behaviour. She hoped that Sasuke would cheer her up like in the former storyline.

They arrived at the registration venue. There were a lot of people waiting in line as a commosion was currently taking place in front of the door leading to the venue inside.

Saki saw that the two gatekeeper in teenager disguises were standing in front of the door. And also Rock Lee was there fallen on the floor wiping blood off his mouth.

"Hah!! You plan to take the chunin exam with that?!"

One of the gatekeepers mocked Lee.

"Yea yea"

The other agreed in the same mocking tone.

"Please. . . let us through. . ."

Tenten who was posing as a harmless teenage girl pleaded as she approached the guards but was punched by them ruthlessly.

"Horrible. . ."

Saki could hear the other participants murmur among themselves. She too thought it was a little cruel but it was all a part of a play after all.

"What did you say?"

The one who had punched Tenten sneered.

"Listen. This is our kindness."

He continued in an arrogant tone.

"The chunin exam isn't easy. . . even we have failed it 3 times straight. Those that take this exam and end up quitting as shinobis those that die during the exam we've seen it all."

They continued intimidating the participants.

"And Chunins often become captains of military teams. The failure of a mission, the death of a comrade. That is all the captain's responsibility. Yet kids like you think you can pass? We're just thinking out those that will fail anyway. What's wrong with that?"

"I agree but. . ."

Sasuke suddenly chimed in as he made his way towards the two.

"You'll let me pass through. . . and also remove that surrounding created by genjutsu. I'm going to the 3rd floor."

He said smirking.

"What's that guy talking about?"

"I don't know."

Murmurs of confusion could be heard.

"Ah. . . So you noticed. . ."

One of the guards said smirking.

Sasuke smirked back.

"Sakura. You must've noticed first right?"

Sasuke asked glancing at her.

"Huh?!"

Sakura exclamationed surprised.

"Your analytical ability and genjutsu know-how. . . is the most improved in our team."

Sasuke encouraged.

Sakura was silent for a while and then she looked down and smiled softly.

"Hehe"

She giggled.

"Of course I noticed a while ago. Because this is the second floor."

Her face showing her brimming confidence.

Saki looked at scene smiling softly.

"Thank you Sasuke. . ."

She whispered to Sasuke who was standing just in front of her.

". . . It's nothing."

He whispered back after a while.

"Hmm. . . not bad. . ."

One of the gatekeepers praised as the floor number that was displaying the 3rd floor changed to the 2nd floor.

"But all you did was. . . see through!!!"

With that he suddenly launched a kick in Sasuke's direction.

Sasuke also responded quickly as he also lifted his foot to kick back. Suddenly Lee appeared in between them catching both if their feet with ease.

Everyone present there was stunned.

"What happened to the plan?"

Neji who had been silently watching all the while spoke up.

"You're the one who said we shouldn't draw attention to ourselves."

He asked Lee with a frown.

"Well. . ."

The said person responded glancing at Sakura with a blush.

"Oh no. . ."

Tenten said shaking her head helplessly.

Saki saw him approach Sakura. She sighed in helplessness too. She saw him introducing himself and boldly asking her to date and also saw him be brutally rejected by Sakura.

"Hey you. . . what's your name?"

She suddenly heard Neji's voice quite close to her. She turned around to find him confronting Sasuke.

When you want to learn someone's name you should give your's first."

Sasuke answered smirking. He was feeling a little uneasy inside.

"You're a rookie right? How old are you?"

Neji still persisted.

"I don't have to answer you. Let's go."

He said glancing in Saki's direction.

Saki nodded as she followed after him.

When they were walking towards their destination they heard a voice call out.

"Hey, guy with dark eyes."

Everyone looked up to see Rock Lee standing on the balcony above them.

Everyone had varying reactions at seeing him.

Naruto was confused while Sakura cringed in disgust. Saki sighed as Sasuke only looked at him frowning.

"What is it?"

He asked still frowning.

"Will you. . .fight me here?"

Saki sighed as she turned to look at her sister.

"You're quite popular. . ."

"Huh?!"

Sakura exclaimed both surprised and confused.