Chapter 61

"It wasn't Naruto again?!"

Sakura said anxiously.

Saki had been avoiding eye contact with Orochimaru. She wasn't going to let herself get distracted by that self death illusion that Orochimaru was going to pull on them.

"You want my Earth Scroll right?"

Orochimaru said waving the scroll in his hand.

"Since you guys have the Heaven Scroll. . ."

With that he swallowed the scroll. His long snake like tongue wrapping around the scroll pushing it inside his mouth.

"Now let's begin the battle for each other's scrolls. . .with our lives on the line."

Saki saw his hands move towards his eyes. She quickly grabbed both Sasuke and Sakura's head as she forced them to look down at the ground. She herself was doing the same thing.

"Sis. . .sister?"

Saki heard Sakura's confused inquiry.

Sasuke was also looking at her from the corner of his eyes.

"Just don't look at his eyes! Trust me on this!"

Saki pleaded desperately.

"Oh! You saw through it I see!"

Orochimaru complimented as he chuckled coldly.

"But how are you going to fight me then?"

With that several Kunais were thrown in their direction.

Saki quickly used her wind element creating a strong enough gust of wind which blocked the kunais and also served as medium to disturb the soil creating a cover for them to hide behind a large tree.

Saki vigilantly took out a Kunai from her pouch as she crouched behind it in high alert.

"Sister that. . ."

Sakura started to speak in a meek manner.

Saki turned around as she looked at Sakura's meek and confused expression and then at Sasuke's alert but inquiring one.

"Listen you both. For now I am just going to say that, that person is not normal. His Chakra's energy is way past a Genin and you can even say it surpasses even Chuunins and Jounins.  More dangerous than you think!"

She whispered back.

Saki saw Sakura tremble in fear, her eyes watering. She was about to comfort her but then she quickly threw the Kunai in the hand right above Sasuke's head.
It was Orochimaru's Snake Avatar.

She quickly grabbed the two's hands again jumping to another tree.

The snake was stabbed on the head and was lifelessly bleeding on the previous tree.

"I was too careless!"

Saki could hear Sasuke cursing under his breath.

Just then she saw the snake's stomach cracking open as Orochimaru came out of it.

"You guys shouldn't relax for even a moment. Prey should always be trying their best to run away. . . in the presence of a predator that is. . ."

With that he lunges at them but was stopped in his tracks as various Kunais struck his path.

Saki looked at Naruto who had arrived feeling relieved and happy.

"I'm sorry Sasuke!! I forgot the codeword!"

He said grinning.

"Great job Naruto!!!"

Sakura praised happily. She was also relieved to see him.