Chapter 41

Saki felt like her whole body was numb except for her head which was throbbing in immense pain. It felt like someone was continuously hammering her head or something. It hurt too much.

"Saki. . . up!"

Someone's familiar voice called out to her.

"Saki wake up!"

She heard the voice again but it was clearer than before. It was Sasuke.

Her eyelids felt heavy and her head was hurting but she wanted to wake up now. It was not the time to be sleeping. After struggling for a while she was finally able to open her eyes.

She was held closely in Sasuke's embrace. His face was right in front of her. His red eyes which had been anxiously staring at her softening as she had finally opened her eyes.

"Sasu. . ke. . "

Her throat felt parched.

"Thank god!"

Sasuke said as he hugged her. His whole body which had been stiffly holding her finally relaxing.

And suddenly the pain that she had felt before came back in full force even stronger than before. It was a powerful chakra. A very powerful one.

Saki clutched her head in pain. The chakra was too close to her.

"It hurts!!!"

She shouted her mind going blank as tears pooled in the corner of her eyes.

"Saki!! Saki what happened?!!"

Sasuke was panicking as he held onto Saki tightly.

"Sasuke. . . chakra. . ."

Saki said clutching her head tighter.

She turned to look at the direction of the powerful chakra and met with the scene of Naruto who was releasing his Kyuubi chakra mercilessly punching Haku.

Haku was thrown towards the ice mirror breaking it. Naruto once again punched his face breaking the mask. Haku's identity was exposed but Naruto didn't seem like he was going to stop like in the manga.

Saki's eyes widened. Naruto was still going to attack Haku. He was going to kill him at this rate. She had to stop him.

"Naruto!!!"

Saki called out.

Naruto stopped in his tracks.

"Naruto I am okay so please stop!!"

Naruto turned around slowly his chakra receding. Along with Naruto's chakra Saki's headache also receded.

"Sa. . . Saki-nee. . ugh. . ."

Naruto let out a sob. His eyes filled with tears as he ran towards Saki.

Saki rested her head on Sasuke's chest. She was feeling very exhausted.

Naruto slowly kneeled down beside her as he slowly took one of her hands in his.

"Saki-nee. . . I thought you. . . I thought he. . ."

Naruto said in a very soft and quiet voice which was very different from his usual energetic loud one.

Saki knew what he wanted to say. This time she had been the one in Sasuke's position. She knew Haku had no intension of killing her but from Sasuke and Naruto's point of view it was a completely different scenerio.

She comfortingly squeezed Naruto's hand.

"I am completely fine. . . so don't worry."

Saki assured both Sasuke and Naruto who were holding onto her.

"You have taken away my reason for existing."

Haku's voice sounded from behind Naruto.

"Zabuza has no need for a weak shinobi. . ."

He said with a smile on his face. Although he was smiling Saki knew he was truly devastated inside.

"Why?"

Saki heard Naruto mumble.

"Why for a guy like that. . . He's a bad guy who takes money from a criminal!!"

Naruto snapped standing up as he pointed an accusing finger on Haku.

"Is that eyebrow less freak the only important person to you?!!"

Haku was silent for a while.

"I had people very dear to me. . . a long time ago. . ."

He spoke up.

"My. . .parents. . ."

He said with a nostalgic smile on his face.

Saki looked towards Haku. Her heart aching. He didn't deserve to die. She was definitely going to save him.