Chapter 67

"Wh-why are you here?"

Sakura stuttered out as she stared at Lee in shock.

"I will. . . always appear when you're in trouble."

Lee said trying to look cool.

To be honest Saki was confused too. In the original plot Lee appeared after he found the squirrel but Saki had already helped the squirrel beforehand. But she wasn't complaining.

"Thank you, you saved us. . ."

Sakura thanked Lee. Grateful at his appearance during the crucial moment.

"I said it before."

Lee started.

"Huh?"

Sakura let out a sound of confusion.

"That I'll protect you until I die."

Saki smiled at the exchange. He was a adorable person all in all.

"Well. . .Zaku you can have Sasuke-kun."

The one who had been giving out orders from the start spoke up.

"I'll take care of them."

He said menacingly.

"Lee-san I would be depending on you. My teammates are in no condition to fight right now."

Saki requested as she looked at Sakura who still looked exhausted.

"It's alright. It is only natural for me help people in need."

Lee said as he watched the enemies with vigilance.

Saki looked back at Sakura.

"Sakura go guard Sasuke and Naruto! If we're unable to stop them it will be your turn."

Just as she said that she saw the leader pounch at Lee. But Lee quickly stopped it by pulling out a large tree root from underground using brute force.

Saki looked at him with admiration. He's strong.

The tree root had been shattered into pieces after the leader guy hit it with force. It would have been brutal if Lee had gotten hit by it.

"There's some tricks to your attacks right? I'm not going to simply dodge it."

Lee said lifting up his bandaged arms.

Saki looked at him with focus. He was going to use the forbidden technique. In the original story the leader got away without much damage with the help of his teammate Zaku but this time will be different. Zaku would have to worry about himself first.
Saki thought as she got ready to attack Zaku.

Lee started unwrapping his bandaged arms as the leader pounched at him. After the bandage came off Lee vanished into thin air.

The leader seemed to have been shocked at his dissapearance as he stopped his movements and let his guard down. Taking advantage of that Lee appeared before him kicking him under his chin. The impact made the leader  fly upwards as Lee appeared behind him.

"It's not over."

He said wrapping the enemy with his bandages that he had previously unwrapped and with much force proceeded to plumet him to the ground.

Zaku panicked after seeing that quickly making hand signs to try and save his leader but Saki was quicker.

"Not so quick!"

She said appearing beside him and punching him in the face using the last bit of chakra and energy left in her after all the fighting she had done that day.

Zaku's jaw cracked as blood spurted out of his mouth as he flew and collided with his female teammate after the impact.

Saki's knees shook as she breathed heavily. She fell on her knees exhausted. She really felt faint at the moment but after she saw the leader whose whole body lay on the ground after the massive collision with the ground she felt satisfied. That ought to have brought him to the brink of death. Blood was splattered everywhere around him as he lay motionless.

Lee was standing next to him breathing heavily. That technique must have exhausted him greatly. He suddenly fell to the ground. His body was stiff.

"Nooo!!!"

Saki heard the female ninja scream as she looked at his teammates unconcious form. Zaku was also standing beside her looking at Zaku in shock.

"You little weaklings have gone and done it now!"

He said menacingly.

"You idiots! Even if you managed to put down Zaku there's still two of us left and looking at your conditions. . . I can't say any of you are in any condition to fight us."

Saki looked at her teammates and Lee and finally herself. They were right. It was a very unfavorable situation for them. She gritted her teeth. She just wanted it to end already.

"Prepare to die!"

Zaku roared in anger.