Chapter 24

' We're almost there.'

The rower said.

' Tazuna, it looks like we haven't been noticed yet.'

' Thanks.'

Tazuna thanked him for his help.

They entered a tunnel and then after they exited it Squad 7 was met with a beautiful scenery of a village surrounded by water. Water was everywhere, well it wasn't surprising considering it was the Land of the Wave.

Everyone marveled at the site. Saki's eyes lit up. It was utterly breathtaking.

Everyone got off the boat as Tazuna turned to look at the man who had brought them till here.

' This is as far as I go.'

He told Tazuna.

' Later.'

' Sure. Thanks a lot.'

' Be careful.'

With that the man left.

Tazuna then turned to look at Team 7.

' All right, take me home safely.'

He said in a cocky tone.

Saki gave him a sharp look.

' Please.'

He added as he noticed the look.

Team 7 walked through the woods silently. Saki was walking alongside Kakashi. She was very terrified of what was to come. Was she really capable of defending herself and her team in the battles that were about to come up? Even if she was not she would still try her best. Saki was then snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Naruto shouting.

' THERE!'

He said startling her. Everyone looked startled to be honest that is except Sasuke.

Everyone stayed rooted to their spot but nothing really happened. 

' Oh. It was just a mouse.'

Naruto said trying to act cool.

' Stop showing off!'

Sakura scolded him.

' There was nothing there.'

Saki suddenly felt a spark of a deadly chakra. A bead of sweat rolled down her forehead as she slowly turned to look behind her and to the tree where she felt the chakra. There he saw him hidden behind leaves but he was so out of place with his cow like outfit. His eyes met hers and she was very sure he smirked behind those bandages covering his face.

' Saki.'

She was snapped out of her thoughts as she turned to look at Kakashi.

' What's wrong?'

He asked.

' You have been acting strange all day. Whatever it is you can tell Sensei.'

Saki opened her mouth and closed it again.

' It's nothing Sensei.'

Just then she felt the same chakra more stronger than before.

' DUCK!' 

Saki shouted out as a blade came in full speed. Everyone fell to the ground as the blade zoomed past them and got stuck to a tree. A man suddenly appeared standing on it.

Zabuza. Saki thought as she slowly stood up.

' Oh, my, my, you're Momochi Zabuza, the exiled ninja of  the Hidden Village of Mist.'

Kakashi said in a sing-song voice.

Naruto suddenly started to sprint towards Zabuza but Saki pulled him back.

' No Naruto. He is dangerous.'

She told him.

' But Saki-nee. . .'

He was cut off as Saki gave him a stern look.

' No.'

She said again and Naruto knew that it was the end of their conversation.

' If he's our enemy . . .'

Kakashi said keeping a hand on his covered eye.

' I can't win like this.'

' I am guessing you are Kakashi the Sharingan user.'

Zabuza said.

Saki's hold on Naruto tightened. It was about to happen. Her horrifying nightmare was going to start. Even if she scored the highest in her class alongside Sasuke it didn't mean she had confidence like him. She was scared. Scared to die. Her previous life, she didn't mind but now that she had everything she wished for, she was scared. 

Naruto looked back in worry as he felt Saki's hold on him tighten. This was the first time he had seen Saki look like this. He could tell she was afraid. But why? Their enemy Zabuza or whatever looked pretty normal to him.

' I am sorry, but I 'll need you to hand over the geezer.'

Zabuza said his cold eyes looking down on them.