Chapter 26

' Saki are you okay?'

Kakashi asked the shocked girl standing stiffly with her kunai tightly clenched in her hands.

' Yes.'

She replied relaxing a little bit.

Naruto ran up to her giving her a big hug.

' SAKI-NEE! I THOUGHT YOU WILL DIE!'

Just then Sasuke also came up pulling him off as he frowned.

' Don't get too touchy-feely and you . . .'

He turned to look at Saki.

' You are too reckless.'

Saki could only give him an awkward smile.

Naruto then turned to look at Kakashi.

' WOW!'

He exclaimed clear admiration in his sky blue eyes.

Everyone (except Saki that is) thought that it was over and relaxed.

Zabuza chuckled looking at all the pathetic people surrounding him. They really thought it was over even though it was just the beginning. His eyes landed on Saki. This girl was quite sharp, he had to admit. Her reflexes were quick and her defense was still not down and she was more sensitive than most sensory type ninjas. She could clearly sense even a small speck of chakra. He had to be a little harsh with her compared to the others.

' Is this the end?'

Zabuza asked Kakashi mockingly.

' You don't understand. You can't defeat me with just your indiscriminate imitations. I can assure you that.'

' Tch.'

Kakashi's eyes narrowed.

Zabuza yet again let out a dark chuckle.

' But you're pretty good. I see that you've copied my water clone technique. By making your clone speak as if it was the real one, you diverted my attention to the clone . . . while the real one used the Mist Concealment technique to hide and observe my movements. However . . .'

As soon as Zabuza said that another Zabuza appeared behind Kakashi. Kakashi's eyes widened.

' I am not that easy to defeat.'

The one held by Kakashi burst into water.

' THAT ONE'S A FAKE TOO!'

Naruto exclaimed.

After that everything happened too fast for Saki to register.

Kakashi turned around to see Zabuza swing his sword to chop off his head. He quickly ducked his head avoiding the sword as the sword slashed past him and dug into the ground. Zabuza quickly taking advantage of the situation kicked Kakashi in his abdominal area and sent him flying backwards. Zabuza quickly ran to slice Kakashi but stopped as he saw many caltrops lying on the ground. He jumped back blending into a puddle.

' SENSEI!'

Naruto shouted out his eyes showing dread. Sakura had a similar look on her face. 

Sasuke's whole face was contorted in a deep frown.

' His hand-to-hand combat is superb, too.'

Kakashi who had fallen into the river emerged back up. Just than Zabuza suddenly appeared behind him as he made some hand signs.

' The Hydro-Prison Technique.'

He said as Kakashi was suddenly imprisoned in a big blob of water.