Chapter 43

Saki opened her eyes to dull aching all over her body. She couldn't move freely at all. She looked around to find that she was in the room that she had been staying at in Inari's home. As she was wondering how much time had passed the door to the room slid opened and then entered Sakura.

She just stood there for a while just staring straight at Saki. Suddenly she fell to the ground bursting into tears. Saki was startled as she sat up painfully. 

"Sakura?"

She called out softly.

"Waaahhhhhhhh!!!"

Sakura just continued to cry.

"Sakura?"

Saki called out again. This time Sakura stopped for a while looking at Saki through her watery eyes.

"Sa . . . no. . .sister"

Sakura corrected herself. Saki was shocked to hear her call in that manner. It had been years since she had heard Sakura referring to her as sister. It was when they were still in good terms. 

"I . . . thought that you . . .that . . .you"

She continued to say between sobs.

Saki was touched to hear that Sakura had been concerned for her. Her eyes watered too. She had wished for this for a long time. That she and Sakura could go back to how things were. And finally that wish had come true. She could help but cry. She was just so happy.

"Sakura"

She called out to her sobbing sister.

"Come here."

Sakura slowly stood up still letting out a few whimpers as she walked towards Saki and sat down beside her.

Saki opened her arms.

"Wouldn't you give your sister a hug?"

Saki asked softly. Sakura hugged her tightly as she broke into sobs again.

They both hugged each other for a while just letting their feelings flow.

"I am glad that we managed to make up."

Saki said after they had calmed down. 

Sakura just nodded her head, her eyes puffy from crying so hard.

The sound of clapping suddenly sounded in the room as Kakashi along with the other two team 7 members entered.

"I am glad my girls have finally made up!"

Kakashi said with his signature closed eyed smile.

Naruto was sobbing beside Kakashi, snot and tears mixing into a different fluid. Sasuke just stood on the other side of Kakashi his hair casting a shadow over his eyes.

Naruto then quickly rushed over Saki hugging her tightly, too tightly.

"Naruto . . . a little bit gentler please . . ."

Saki pleaded.

Naruto sobbed as he loosened his grip a little.

"Saki-nee . . .ugh. . .Saki-nee"

He called out again and again. He wanted to make sure that she was still here with him. Safe and sound. When she had rushed off he had been so startled and to see her drop down motionlessly was a scene that he wished he would never see again. Whom did he have in this world if not for her. If she were to leave him then . . . then wouldn't it be better to let that thing take over him.

Saki gently patted his back consoling him. 

"It's okay Naruto. . .I am here."

After Naruto had calmed down Saki looked up at Sasuke who had been silent all the while.

"Sasuke?"

She called out softly.

He didn't respond.

Saki stared at him for a while. He was just standing there motionlessly. She sighed softly as she turned to look at Kakashi.

"Sensei . . . can you leave me and Sasuke alone for a while."

She said giving him a soft smile.

Kakashi glanced at Sasuke and then nodded his head.

"Okay . . . take your time. Sakura! Naruto!"

He called out to the other two and then slowly made his way out. Sakura and Naruto following behind.

Silence was the only thing in the room as none of the two spoke.

"Sasuke. . . . .are you angry?"

He remained silent.

"I am sorry if I scared you I-"

"Why?"

She was cut off as Sasuke suddenly spoke through gritted teeth.

Saki couldn't react as Sasuke suddenly strode towards her crouching down beside her as he grabbed her arms gripping her tightly with both his hands.

"Why must you do this?!"

He questioned furiously, his eyes watering. He couldn't control his emotions anymore.

"Why must you do so?!"

His voice cracked as he leaned his head on her shoulder.

"Why did you do it. . ."

He asked, voice barely audible. His tears fell down as he sobbed silently. It was only for her and to her that he would show such emotions. His precious person. . .Saki.