Chapter 44

Saki was stunned at Sasuke's emotional outburst. She had expected him to be upset but not to this degree. She was overwhelmed by the way that Sasuke was reacting. She looked at Sasuke who was currently holding onto her arms sobbing silently and felt guilty. She had worried everyone dear to her. Risking her life like this to have a positive outcome, she had forgotten that her life didn't affect only herself but many others too.

She raised her hands hugging Sasuke. She felt very guilty. For hurting him, for hurting Naruto, Sakura and everyone that cared for her well being.

"Sasuke. . ."

She called out softly holding onto him tightly.

"I am sorry. . .so sorry. . ."

She said as tears pooled at the corners of her eyes, her vision became blurry.

"I am sorry Sasuke."

She apologized as she held onto him tightly.

Sasuke suddenly lifted his head and stared right into her eyes.

"You never tell me anything."

He accused in a soft voice.

"You do everything be yourself. . ."

He said as the hand holding onto her arms loosened falling down and clutching her hands instead.

"Sometimes I feel as if. . .you detach yourself from everyone and everything. . .I feel as if I can never reach you."

He said as he frowned in distress.

Saki didn't know what to say. She couldn't refute anything that he said. Everything was true and she didn't know what to do about it.

"I won't ask for you to tell me everything. I just. . .just want you to rely on me more, just as I rely on you. Other than mother and you who do I have left in this world."

"Alright. . ."

Saki replied softly.

"I will rely on you more. . ."

After that conversation Sasuke gave her a soft smile as he left the room telling her to rest up.

When dinner had approached her teammates had came again along with Inari, Tazuna and Tsunami.

Inari had hugged her crying as the others had did. Tazuna and Tsunami had thanked her and she had felt such happiness just to be able to help somehow.

After everyone had left Kakashi had stayed behind sitting down beside her. He had just patted her head telling her of all that had prevailed after her loosing her consciousness. How Sakura had rushed towards her crouching down beside her holding onto her tightly calling out her name again and again as she had begged her to wake up. Naruto had almost lost control again Sasuke and Kakashi had to bring him back to his senses and then Gatou came with his goons trying to get rid of everyone. But everything eventually worked out as Inari came to help with a mob of civilians. Even Zabuza and Haku had turned to join them in defeating Gatou.

After the long narration Kakashi handed her a letter as he gave her his signature smile. After delivering her the letter he stood up and left.

Saki opened the letter as she stared at the sender of the letter.

"Haku. . ."

She whispered softly, smiling.