Chapter 25

' Everyone form the Swastika formation.'

Kakashi ordered as he kept his gaze fixated on Zabuza.

' Protect Tazuna-san. Don't join the battle.'

' What?'

Sakura asked confused about the situation.

' To not interfere with the battle is teamwork.'

With that said Kakashi lifted his forehead protector revealing his blood red eye with the three tomoe present.

' Fight me.'

' I'm honored that I can see the Sharingan that I have heard about.'

Zabuza said mockingly.

' You guys have been saying Sharingan, but what is it?'

Naruto asked his voice sounding desperate for answers. The poor guy had been trying to wrap his head around everything taking place but things seem to just pop up out of nowhere.

' Sharingan . . .'

Sasuke started as he clenched his fist.

' The eye creates it, and it is the power that the pupil generates. Ones who use doujutsu are said to have eye powers that can see through all genjutsu, taijutsu and ninjutsu and cancel their effects. Sharingan is one of the various types of eyes that those doujutsu users possess. But that's not the only ability the Sharingan possesses.'

Naruto gulped.

' Correct.'

Zabuza agreed.

' But that isn't all. The scary part is that Sharingan can understand how an opponent's technique works, and copy it.'

Just then a thick mist started covering the area.

' When I was in the Hidden Village of the Mist's Assassination Squad . . .'

Tazuna started. 

' your information was listed in the bingo book I carried asking for your capture. It also noted this . . . The man who copied more than 1000 techniques, Kakashi the copy ninja.'

' WOW!'

Naruto shouted out amazed while Sasuke's eyes narrowed.

' Let's cut the chit-chat here.'

Zabuza was obviously getting impatient. They had done nothing but talking all this time.

' I've to kill that geezer right away.'

At this statement the genins ran to protect Tazuna, shielding him from Zabuza.

' But, Kakashi, it seems I have to defeat you first.'

With that said Zabuza disappeared along with his sword. It happened so fast that everyone was baffled.

' He's there.'

Naruto said as everyone turned to look at Zabuza who was standing on water.

' And he's on top of the water?'

Sakura asked surprised.

Zabuza was trying to do a jutsu as Saki clenched her hands around the kunai she was holding. 

Saki was confused on what to do. She was having an inner turmoil. She took a deep breath, she had to stay calm. 

' Mist concealment.'

With that he vanished.

Saki tried to pinpoint his chakra but she couldn't feel anything.

' He disappeared.'

Naruto said as Kakashi walked over to inspect.

' Sensei!'

Sakura exclaimed.

' He'll try to eliminate me first but . . .'

Kakashi said in his usual calm tone.

' What is he?'

Sakura asked looking and sounding horrified.

' Momochi Zabuza.'

Kakashi started.

While Kakashi was doing the explanation Saki was trying her best to locate his chakra. Even though he had concealed it she must be able to feel a little bit of it. Then she felt it, a spark of it. It was coming from . . . . .

' You're so carefree!'

Sakura shouted out breaking Saki's concentration. Saki clicked her tongue. She lost him.

The mist started getting thicker.

' The mist is getting thicker!'

Naruto exclaimed looking around frantically.

' The Country of the Wave is surrounded by the ocean, so a mist often emerges.'

Tazuna explained.

Kakashi's figure was lost in the mist as Sakura called out to him.

Saki felt a familiar chakra behind her.

' Eight points.'

She heard Zabuza saying.

' What is it?'

Sakura exclaimed shocked.

' The larynx, spine, lungs, liver, jugular vein, collarbone, kidney and heart. Now, which vital organ do you want to get struck at.'

Kakashi then made the thick mist disappear using a blast of chakra.

Saki was relieved that she could finally see clearly again. She felt Sasuke trembling uncontrollably beside her. She looked at him to find him pointing a kunai at himself. Saki placed a hand on his trembling ones as he turned to look at her shakily.

' Sasuke.'

Saki called his name in a soothing tone.

' Don't worry sensei is here for us. And remember me and you are going to visit Aunt Mikoto when we go back home. She must be lonely right?'

She smiled softly squeezing his hand in a comforting manner.

Sasuke stopped shaking at this and finally seemed to relax.

' Sasuke.'

Kakashi called out.

' Don't worry. I'll protect the four of you with my life. I won't let anyone on my team die.'

He turned back showing one of his closed eyed smiles.

' I don't know about that.'

Saki felt a burst of chakra behind her.

' This is the end.'

Zabuza said lifting his sword but Saki quickly turned around slicing Zabuza on his neck as he burst into water. She was baffled for a while until Naruto shouted out.

' SAKI-NEE BEHIND YOU!'

She turned around to see Kakashi jump in front of her getting slashed in half by Zabuza. But suddenly his body too burst in water. Zabuza looked shocked at that. Zabuza was still trying to get over the shock when Kakashi suddenly appeared behind him pointing a Kunai to his neck.

' This is the end.'

He said.

Saki was still shocked. Dear Father in heaven, life is too fast here.