Chapter 68

(I have been working hard on weekdays to improve my drawing. Yoonzen is my instagram account name.)

Zaku sprinted towards her as Saki struggled to take out a kunai to defend herself

Zaku sprinted towards her as Saki struggled to take out a kunai to defend herself. But in her exhausted state she wasn't fast enough and was kicked in the chest as she coughed out blood from the impact. She flew back hitting the ground and groaning in pain.

"Sister!!!"

She could hear Sakura's panicked cry.

Saki's vision was also getting blurry as she looked at her crying sister who still didn't move away from her other teammates as instructed and then at Lee who was looking as beaten up as her as he looked at her in shame and frustration.

"Hahaha. . ."

She could hear the two sound village ninjas laughing.

"You pathetic weaklings! Let me finish you off fast!"

Zaku mocked.

And with that Saki could see Lee being easily overpowered and beaten as he also fell on the ground with a pained groan.

"Lee-san!"

Sakura cried out in panick.

'No!'

Saki thought as she tried her hardest to move but it was all of no use. She didn't have even an ounce of strenght left in her body. The little bit of chakra that was left was only useful for keeping her alive.

Tears slid down her cheeks as she saw Sakura being approached by the female ninja.

'Don't hurt her!'

She wanted to say but her throat hurt and all she could do was silently watch as the female ninja grabbed onto Sakura's hair yanking it with force.

"Ouch!"

Sakura cried out in pain.

Zaku started walking towards Sasuke and Naruto's direction.

"Useless it won't work against me."

The female ninja mocked as Sakura took out a kunai. But contrary to what she had expected Sakura didn't attack her but instead cut off her hair.

Saki looked at the determined Sakura.

'Sorry. . . I am so sorry. . .'

She apologized silently. Everything remains the same. . . the conclusion didn't change at all.

With that she closed her eyes. She couldn't hold on anymore. She was too tired. . . too numb. She just wanted to. . . sleep.

*****

Saki was in a black space. She saw someone in the distance. A man's figure. . .

"Dad. . ."

She muttered.

It was her father. Her previous life's father.

"Misaki!"

He called out cheerfully.

"I missed you!"

He said opening his arms for her.

Saki stood there dazed for a while.

It had been so long since someone called her that. But she soon recovered as she ran to her father hugging him tightly.

"I missed you too!"

She said crying.

"Why are you crying?"

He asked in a soothing manner as he gently wiped her tears.

"If you're upset about anything you can tell dad. Dad will listen to you."

He said smiling gently at her. Saki looked him as she hugged him again.

"Dad. . . I have tried my hardest. . . I really have. But nothing changes. . . everything remains the same. I can't do anything."

She said as she couldn't help but start crying again.

Saki's dad patted her back gently.

"Dad doesn't really understand your situation but Saki. . ."

He said pulling her away gently to look at her directly.

"Dad doesn't regret anything that happened. Even if sometimes things may get hard but dad tried his hardest because dad loves you. Dad is happy as long as he can do even a little thing that can make you happy."

Saki looked at her dad with his usual soft gentle smile on his face as she unconciously mirrored it.

"So Saki try your best for the ones you love too. . ."

With that everything faded away again. Saki was suddenly jolted awake by a strong malicious feeling.

She struggled to open her eyes, her vision still blurry. She could hear shouting through the ringing of her ears.

"Stop. . . . suke please. . . "

She could recognise that voice it was Sakura.

Her vision cleared a little. She could see Sakura hugging Sasuke.   He should be able to stop now.
Thinking that Saki closed her eyes again but the malicious chakra grew stronger.

"Ugh!"

Saki opened her eyes again to find Sakura thrown on the ground.

"Don't stop me! I'll kill them! All of them! How dare they?! How dare they do this to her?!"

Sasuke had gone crazy. Saki was confused and scared. What was going on?! What went wrong?!

Saki looked at Sakura who looked petrified and panicked and also at everyone who had the same expression as her.

This was getting out of hand. With much difficulty she was able to lift her hand slightly.

"Sa. . . . suke. . ."

Her voice was still not coming out properly. She wasn't able to make a sound.

But Ino who had been standing near her caught onto her movement as she called out her name in joy.

"Saki!"

She called out rushing to her side as she looked at her in relief, too afraid to touch her in fear of hurting her.

Saki held her breath as Sasuke's gaze turned to her in an instant.

"Saki. . ."

He said as he slowly walked up to her.

Saki saw Ino flinch but didn't move away from her as she looked at Sasuke in alert.

Sasuke bent down as he reached her extending his arm to hold her.

Ino tried to stop him but was stopped by Saki giving her a reassuring look.

"I'll kill them for you. Don't worry. Don't worry."

He kept muttering to her.

Saki held on his arm with much difficulty as he made a motion as if to lay her back down.

Saki also didn't want the sound ninjas to stay alive but she didn't know how badly Orochimaru's mark will affect him if he kept using it's power.

Saki looked at him. She opened her mouth struggling to speak.

"Don't. . ."

She finally said with difficulty as she shook her head indicating him to not continue any further.

Sasuke was silent for a while. But  after a while his curse marks started receeding as he feel down next to Saki letting out a pained groan.