Chapter 76

The first thing that Saki saw after waking up was a white ceiling. This was a hospital room.

"You're awake. . ."

Kakashi was sitting beside her reading his pervy, hentai book.

"Sensei don't read that while watching over an injured person. . ."

Saki said craning her neck to look at him.

Kakashi closed his books as he proceeded to store it away in his pouch.

"Well anyways Sasuke is also being kept away in a special room. . ."

He said acting as if he didn't just swiftly store away his guilty pleasure. Saki didn't want to pursue the topic anymore so she also moved on to the topic at hand.

"Is he alright? His condition didn't fluctuate during the fight did it?"

"Thankfully he passed it smoothly without any accidents. . . Still he needs to learn how to keep it in check."

Saki looked back straight ahead at the ceiling.

"I hope he doesn't do anything outrageous. . ."

She muttered remembering the scene of Sasuke leaving the village. She hoped he could stay for his mother but then. . . what about Itachi. She missed him too. She hoped to bring him back to the village.

"I will be personally training Sasuke so you don't have to worry about him."

Kakashi said to assure her.

"But I heard about what happened at the forest. Saki you also need to remember to not bite off more than you can chew. . . for us Shinobis it means death to do so."

Saki closed her eyes. She did take on the dangerous tasks so as to protect her teammates but that was because for now they were pretty immature and didn't like to think rationally. But now everyone was going to meet their lifelong mentors so she wouldn't hesitate to rely on them more.

"Sensei, I will keep that in mind."

She said as she looked at him smiling.

"Alrighty then. . ."

Kakashi said standing up from his seat.

"I need to get going."

"Oh! Where to?"

Saki was startled by Kakashi's sudden departure.

"Need to sneak Sasuke out of the hospital. . . it's already evening."

Saki looked out the window beside her bed. The sky had indeed turned orange as the sun continued to disappear slowly.

"Sensei, can I make a request?"

Saki asked turning back to look at Kakashi who had reached the door.

"Hm?"

Kakashi turned to look at her.

"Can you check on Mrs. Uchiha for me? It's been long since I last visited her. I can't ask anyone else since only certain people are allowed to visit her. . ."

She said looking at him hopefully.

Kakashi stared at her for a while.

"Sure thing."

Kakashi agreed.

"Thank you!"

Saki said smiling brightly.

"But you can just call her Aunt Mikoto or something you know? You make her sound like Sasuke's wife. Aren't you past the level of formality? Don't give other people your future title. . . "

With that he was quickly out of the room.

Saki just sat there trying to comprehend what was just said to her and when it finally hit her she blushed as red as Sasuke's favorite tomatoes.