Chapter 66

Saki saw Sakura struggling to stay awake. She looked up at the setting sun through the gaps between the trees. It had been a quite tiring day after all. She had to admit that she was also exhausted and wanted to rest but she could feel the three sound ninjas chakras not far away from them.

"Sakura you can rest for a while."

Saki offered wiping Sasuke's forehead with the cloth. He was sweating a lot.

"I can't do that. I will stay up so you should rest."

Sakura said trying to sound resolute.

"Sakura I'm not as tired as you think I am. Don't worry I'll wake you up later, let's take turns."

Saki said in a reassuring way.

Sakura looked at Saki who had turned to give her a reassuring smile. She looked at Sasuke and Naruto. She bit her lip in frustration. It was true that both her and Saki had to rest too so as to recover energy so they had to do that taking turns.

"Alright. . .but don't forget to wake me up later."

She said after some hesitation. She laid down on the hard ground her eyes closing and soon falling asleep.

Saki looked at Sakura who had quickly fallen asleep. The sound ninjas were still waiting for it to get darker so they won't attack for about an hour or so. She hoped that Sakura could get some rest till then.

*****
After about an hour and a half Saki suddenly felt some movements in the tree. Her head whipped in that direction. It was a squirrel, the one with the attached explosives on it's back. It was approaching them.

She stood up quickly walking towards it. She lifted it up tearing off the explosive off it back as she burnt it into ashes. After doing so she let the squirrel go.

"Don't get caught next time. . ."

She warned as the squirrel ran off.

Saki walked back to her previous spot sitting down again.

"They are going to make a move soon. . . "

She whispered to herself as she vividly glanced at their hiding spot.

She looked up at the moon that was already high up in the sky.

"Hehe. . . up all night?"

She heard a mocking voice come from some distance away.

Sure enough they had revealed themselves. Sakura also jolted awake at the unfamiliar voice as she sat up looking at their direction.

" Finally showing yourselves huh?"

Saki spat out frowning. She wasn't in a mood for their petty comments at the moment.

"Oh you knew!?"

One of them asked appearing shocked.

"Well it really doesn't matter. . ."

He said soon after.

"Wake up Sasuke-kun. We want to fight him."

He demanded.

"As if. . ."

Saki scoffed as she stood up shielding her unconscious teammates from their gazes as Sakura followed suite.

"You think I don't know you're Orochimaru's minions! Go back to him and tell him Sasuke's not going anywhere!"

Saki said glaring at them.

They looked taken aback at Orochimaru's mention but they soon recovered from it.

"Hmm. . . I wonder what that man is thinking. . ."

The one in the middle muttered to himself.

"But hearing that we can't let you go."

The guy standing beside him spoke in an aggressive manner.

"I'll kill you and the girl beside you along with this Sasuke guy."

He said grinning.

Saki's glare intensified.

"Wait Zaku."

The guy in the middle commanded the aggressive one now known as Zaku.

"Huh? Why?"

Zaku asked confused.

"You didn't even try to set up any trap. A foolish thing to do."

The one in the middle mocked.

Saki knew that setting up traps on the ground was just a waste of time since they didn't have that many materials to work with.

"What's the use of it since you have been watching us from the very beginning."

"Well that's true. . ."

The guy agreed.

"Well it was nice talking to you but we don't have any use for you so. . .Let's kill you off."

He said in a menacing tone.

With that all three of them leaped towards them but a giant log dropped on him as Sakura cut a string beside her.

Well Saki did allow this trap to be set up. They did arrive a little earlier then the three hooligans.

Saki could see them panicking as the log fell on them but she knew that the log itself was useless so she made a bunch of hand signs as she lept towards them.

Sure enough after a moment the log was broken into many pieces courtesy of the three sound ninjas. Saki used her wind chakra to blow a strong gust of wind which made the sharp pieces of the wood to blow towards the three as they were caught off guard by the sudden gust of wind and got stabbed in many parts of their body. That would weaken them a little. Now she just hopped Rock
Lee came.

"How dare you! A weakling like you dares to do this! You really want to die huh?!"

The one that had been standing in the center roared in anger as the three quickly got rid of the pieces of wood stuck on them and all sprinted towards Saki.

Saki took out a kunai as she clutched it waiting for them but suddenly. . .

"Leaf Spinning Wind!!!"

The three sound ninjas were beaten up as they fell to the ground.

"If she was truly a weakling she won't have been able to hurt you. . ."

"Lee. . ."

Saki sighed in relief as Lee stood in front of her.

"Who are you?"

The one who had been cursing Saki groaned in pain as he asked this question.

"The beautiful hidden beast of the Leaf Village, Rock Lee!!!"