Chapter 62

Naruto let out a huge roar, something like a battle cry.

Orochimaru who had realized his identity was shocked at first but then calmed down blowing a huge wave of fire at him which blasted Naruto towards a tree.

Saki grit her teeth. She had to think fast on how to manipulate this situation in her favour without causing much damage to the boys. She just wanted to throw the crystal flower at the moment but she must refrain from using it until the most critical moment. For now she will also have to fight along with Naruto and Sasuke.

"Sasuke-kun now it's your turn!!  What will you do?!!"

Orochimaru hissed snapping his head towards Sasuke's direction as his snake lunged towards Sasuke.

"Sasuke-kun!!!"

Sakura called out in worry.

Saki also looked around to see if Naruto was coming seeing a flash of orange as he jumped in front of the snake blocking it with his body.

"Hey. . . you alright. . . Scardey-cat? "

He spoke up looking up at Sasuke  who had a bewildered expression on his face. But suddenly. . .

"Uwahh!!!"

Naruto was lifted up by Orochimaru's long tongue.

"Damn it!!! Let go of me!!!"

Saki knew what was coming. Orochimaru was going to seal off Naruto's Kyuubi's chakra. She couldn't let that happen.

Saki took out a kunai throwing it at Orochimaru's tongue. Orochimaru was quick to react as he let go of Naruto, taking back his tongue.

Saki jumped to where they were catching Naruto and standing in front of Sasuke on the branch.

Orochimaru stared at her in shock for a while then suddenly started giggling creepily.

"Haruno Saki. . . The other Genin prodigy next to Sasuke-kun. . ."

He said smiling creepily at her.

Saki had placed Naruto down aa she just silently glared at Orochimaru.

So he knew about her? Her eyes glared at him sharply. What was he even playing at?

"Saki-chan you know I appreciate your talent. . . but you're in my way right now."

At the last part Orochimaru's smile turned cold. With that Orochimaru suddenly slit out his tongue trying to bound Saki. Saki quickly took out a kunai trying to slice it as it moved in a disgusting and slippery way.

"You two move far away!"

She couldn't fight freely unless and until Naruto and Sasuke were a safe distance away.

"But Saki-nee-"

Naruto started just to be cut off by Saki's desperate voice.

"Not now Naruto! Take Sasuke and move!"

She said trying her hardest to dodge the tongue while also standing guard in front of the two of them.

Naruto clenched his teeth but still grabbed Sasuke who was frozen on the spot and lept to another tree a little farther away.

Saki let out a sigh as she made a bunch of hand gestures and fired a huge fireball which was backed up by a burst of wind making the impact bigger as it hit Orochimaru and the huge snake he was standing on.

Orochimaru backed up as his skin was burnt off. The black skin was starting to peel off as he looked at his burnt skin in shock.

"Hehe. . ."

He giggled.

"Truly such capability. . . but it's still not enough. I guess I might have to finish you off first."

Saki glanced at Orochimaru's maniac like expression. Truly speaking he was scaring her a lot right now but she had to stand her ground.

"I won't let you harm them!!"

She declared glaring at him.

"Try your hardest then. . ."

He said mockingly once again lunging at her.

Saki clutched a kunai as she lept on another tree. Maybe she should lead him away from here until the Jounins come to their rescue. She knew that by now Anko had probably figured the situation out.

Thinking that Saki lept to one after another tree trying to lead Orochimaru away. She could hear her teammates calling out to her but she had to keep going. But she was suddenly blocked by the giant snake.

"Uh-uh. . ."

Orochimaru said moving his finger in a no motion.

"This is as far as you go Saki-chan. . . I don't have much time to play you see. So sadly we have to end our little playtime here."

With that the snake's long tail coiled around her. She wasn't able to escape as it had already been all around her when she was distracted by Orochimaru suddenly blocking her path.

She could hear her teammates desperate voices as they called out her name.

Saki tried to struggle only for the snake's tail to tighten around her.

"Ugh!"

She was getting suffocated. Her vision was growing blurry by the second.

"Saki-nee!!!"

Suddenly she heard Naruto's voice which was coming from somewhere near. With difficulty she stretched her neck looking at the direction where the voice came from. Naruto was approaching them quickly his eyes red with the Kyuubi's chakra. He was bareing his fangs at Orochimaru in a threatening manner.

"Let go of Saki-nee!!!"

He roared as he lept towards Orochimaru.