Chapter 5

Today Saki was running late for her visit to the hospital. It was her fault anyway, she had foolishly decided to clean up Naruto's apartment. She had seen his room in the anime, it was dirty yes but in reality when she saw it, she was utterly horrified. She was truly amazed at the fact that she had even managed to clean it.

As she had been lost in her thoughts she didn't notice that someone was standing a few feet away from her. She bumped into the said person landing on her butt because of the empact.

'Oh! Are you alright?'

A polite, boyish voice asked in a worried tone as the owner of the voice extended his hand towards her. She took the hand with a quiet 'thank you' as she was pulled up. She looked up to be greeted with the sight of a smiling Itachi. She was a little surprised but she kept her cool.

'Sorry for bumping into you. I wasn't watching where I was going.'

She said bowing. Itachi let out a quiet chuckle.

'It's okay but please be careful, you might get hurt next time.'

He said with an angelic smile. Seriously this guy looked like an angel, Saki couldn't believe what he would become in the future.

'Nii-chan!'

A childish voice called out as Itachi turned to look at the owner of the voice. Just then a little Sasuke came in sight, pushing his way against the crowd of people, trying to reach his older brother. He ran up and stood beside Itachi, panting a little.

'Nii-chan . . . . you walk . . . too fast.'

He said panting. Itachi let out a chuckle as he poked Sasuke on the forehead.

'Sorry, Sasuke I will take care of that next time.'

Sasuke pouted a little and then his eyes landed on Saki.

'Who're you?'

He inquired standing in front of Itachi protectively. Saki sighed. Did he really think that she would try to snatch his 'Nii-chan'.

'I am Saki. Haruno Saki. It's nice to meet you.'

She said managing to pull off a polite smile bowing a little. She really wanted to be on good terms with Sasuke, then maybe she could stop him from leaving Konoha in the future.

Itachi's eyes widened, she was the girl whom he had met at the time of the kyuubi attack.

'Who might you be?'

Saki asked still smiling.

'Hmph'

Sasuke puffed out his chest, placing on of his hands on his hips and the other one pointing on his chest.

'I am Uchiha Sasuke of the great Uchiha cla-owww'

Itachi had smacked him across his head.

'Be polite Sasuke.'

Sasuke pouted again but nevertheless did a polite introduction.

'I am Uchiha Sasuke. It's nice to meet you.'

He finished, bowing.

'And you, Mr?'

Saki asked looking up at Itachi. Although she knew both their names she didn't want to look suspicious by not asking.

'Oh!'

Itachi exclaimed.

'How rude of me. I am Uchiha Itachi. It's a pleasure to meet you Saki-san.'

'Likewise, Itachi-san.'

Saki then remembered she had to go to the hospital. She decided to bunk it today, it will be better if she got to know the Uchiha siblings. May be useful in the future.

'So Sasuke-san, how old are you?'

Saki knew how old he was but she needed to keep the conversation going. Sasuke again did the same almighty pose.

'Yours truly is 7 years old.'

'Sasukeee?'

Itachi said strictly yet gently.

'What did I tell you about being polite?'

Sasuke let out a sigh.

'I am 7 years old. You?'

'I am 7 years old too. That means we will be classmates next year in the academy. I hope to get along.'

Saki said offering him a polite smile.

'Likewise.'

'Oh! That's great Saki-san. Why don't you and Sasuke train together today?'

Itachi offered, gently pushing Sasuke towards Saki.

'But nii-chan I wanna train with you.'

Sasuke argued.

'I am busy, Sasuke. I have a mission and besides you need to make friends your age. It was nice meeting you Saki-san.'

With that Itachi vanished in a puff of smoke leaving Saki and Sasuke alone. Sasuke turned to look at Saki. He kept staring at her for an uncomfortable amount of time before sighing.

'Come, let's go to the training grounds.'

He said shoving his hands in his pockets and starting to walk. Saki quickly followed behind him.

When they reached the training grounds, Saki was surprised to see that it was absolutely empty. Shouldn't young genins be training here. Well whatever.

'Hey? Do you know your chakra nature?'

Sasuke asked turning to look at her.

'Yes, it's fire and wind.'

'Cool, I have the fire type too. Let's train for that together.'

Sasuke said grinning, seemingly exited.

'Sure.'

Saki smiled, seems like he was opening up to her. That's good.

They trained all day and showed each other what they had learned all these years. But soon nightfall was approaching and they had to eventually part. Sasuke had said that Saki was a worthy opponent and he would like to train with her again. Saki kind of felt happy hearing him say so. So they bid farewell to each other and set off towards their own homes.

As Saki entered home, she saw a worried Mebuki standing there.

'Sweety, where were you? I was worried sick.'

'Sorry, mother. I didn't visit the hospital today.'

'Then where were you?'

'I made a new friend. I was training with him.'

'Oh that's great.'

Mebuki was pleased. She was glad that her daughter's world didn't only revolve around jutsus.

As Saki entered the room that she shared with Sakura she was glomped in a hug.

'Sister!'

Sakura sounded really happy.

'What's the matter Sakura?'

Saki asked returning the hug.

'I made a friend today.'

'Oh!'

Saki was surprised. Who was it, Ino?

'You see, today I decided that I would try to go out alone like you do but on my way to the playground, other children started making fun of me. Then she came and saved me.'

'That's great Sakura. I am so happy for you. So who is she?'

'Her name's Yamanaka Ino.'

Saki smiled, she hoped their friendship lasted unlike in the anime.

Nii-chan a term used by the japanese to address their older brother.