Chapter 21

' Say . . .'

Sakura started off.

' Mr. Tazuna?'

' What is it?'

' Your country is the land of waves right?'

' Yeah. What of it?'

Sakura turned her head to look at Kakashi who was walking beside Saki.

' Kakashi sensei there are ninja in that country too, aren't there?'

' No. There are no ninja in the land of waves.'

And so they continued their conversation.

While this was happening Saki's anxiety was increasing as they neared the puddle. Her guard was up as they slowly but surely neared the puddle. She could sense their chakra. In her previous life she recalled that in many of the reborn in Naruto fanfictions the character won't give a shit about this two ninja's. Saki had always thought that why shouldn't they? Wasn't this the first time they were going to fight to protect their lives seriously. They shouldn't underestimate anyone.

' Hey!'

That got Saki out of her thought as she turned to look at Kakashi.

' You all just doubted Lord Hokage didn't you? That's what you were thinking.'

Naruto and Sakura shook their heads vigorously.

' Well.'

Kakashi patted Saki's head, yes not Sakura but Saki's head. He must have sensed Saki's distress.

' There are no ninja battles in a C ranked ninja mission anyway. So you can relax.'

' We aren't going to run into any enemy ninja or something like that?'

Sakura said happily.

Kakashi let out a small chuckle.

' Most likely.'

Saki just pursed her lips at that. 

Soon Squad 7 reached the puddle. Saki glanced at Kakashi from the corner of her eye. He was looking right at her from the corner of his eyes. He lifted a finger up to his lips as if to say ' Don't tell anyone.' Saki nodded her head at that, she knew that Kakashi would handle everything if something were to go wrong. Kakashi gave her one of his signature close eyed smile as he continued on as if nothing was wrong. Saki just needed to try and prevent Naruto from getting the scratch. Although she knew that it wouldn't effect him but least she could try and prevent him from getting hurt.

Suddenly chains wrapped around Kakashi and he was ripped into pieces. Sakura let out a horrified shrill as Naruto also made a shocked sound calling out to Kakashi. And Saki who was standing beside him widened her eyes as she quickly took out a kunai got ready.

The two Ninjas got behind Naruto as they got ready to go for him next. Sasuke was quick as he threw a shuriken and a kunai aiming for their chains therefore pinning them to a nearby tree. The two tried to get free but failed as Sasuke jumped up on their metal arms and threw a kick to their faces. Naruto made a surprised sound at that. The two Ninjas quickly split up as one went for Tazuna and the other for Naruto. Saki was quick to go to Naruto's side as she saw Sasuke rush in front of Sakura who was guarding Tazuna. 

The Ninja raise his metal claw hand to attack her as Saki defended it with a kunai. The force applied was too much as the Ninja lost his balance and fell down. Just then Kakashi made his entry. 

' But he was!'

Naruto said turning to look around where Kakashi had been ripped apart only to find woods in his place.

' WHAT!'

' Naruto!'

Kakashi turned to look at him.

' Sorry that I didn't help you right away. But I guess it wasn't needed after all. Saki did a good job in protecting you. But anyway, let me say this. Good job Sasuke, Saki. You too Sakura.'

Saki could see that Naruto was distressed. 

' Naruto don't worry about it.'

Naruto looked up at her.

' But you and Sasuke handled everything so calmly but I-I was so scared that I couldn't even move.'

Saki smiled at him gently.

' That's not true. I was scared too but you and everyone else were my top priority at that time so I had to force myself to move.' 

' Hey!'

Saki heard Sasuke's voice call out.

' Huh?'

Naruto asked confused.

Sasuke smirked at that.

' Are you hurt scaredy cat?'

He mocked Naruto. That ticked Naruto off.

' SASUKE!'

' Naruto!'

Kakashi called out.

' Calm down. And Saki?'

He turned to look at her.

' Those guys have poison on their claws. You need to take out the poison quickly.'

Saki was confused at first but then she felt it, a stinging sensation on her right arm. She looked down to find a scratch on her arm. 

When did this happen? She thought as she looked at it.

' You have to open the wound and drain the poisoned blood. And don't move for a while or it will spread.'

Sasuke rushed towards her as he held her arm in his hands examining the wound.

' Are you okay?'

Worry was evident in his voice.

' You idiot! You should be more careful.'

Saki gave him a small smile as she placed her hand over his own which was holding her arm.

' I am alright Sasuke. Don't worry too much.'

At that Sasuke's cheeks heated up as he frowned a little.

' Who is worried?'

' By the way Mr Tazuna?'

They heard Kakashi speak. 

' Wha- What is it?'

Tazuna stuttered out.

' I have something to talk to you about.'

 With that the talk continued.