Chapter 17

' Did you look at this stone?'

Kakashi asked as he walked towards the stone and stood in front of it. 

' The names engraved on it? They are all ninja who are honored as heroes in our village.'

' THAT'S IT. THAT'S IT.'

Naruto started shouting.

' NOW I KNOW. I HAVE DECIDED THAT I'M GONNA HAVE MY NAME ENGRAVED ON THAT STONE. I'M NOT GONNA LIVE AND DIE FOR NOTHING LIKE A DOG. I'M GONNA BE A HERO.'

Sasuke and Saki walked towards him as Kakashi turned to look at him.

' They are a special kind of hero.'

Kakashi told him calmly.

' HUH?'

NARUTO ASKED.

' WHAT KIND OF HEROES ARE THEY TELL US?'

Kakashi was silent.

' WELL? WELL?'

Naruto was growing impatient.

' They are all KIA.'

Kakashi responded.

' Oh.'

Naruto's mouth formed in a 'O' shape.

' That sounds really cool.'

' It means 'Killed in Action.' They all died.'

Sakura explained to him since Naruto clearly didn't know the meaning of it.

Naruto's big smile dropped off his face as his face showed sadness.

' This is a memorial stone.'

Kakashi stated.

' The names of my closest friends are engraved here.'

Everyone held a saddened expression.

Kakashi turned to look at his squad.

' Alright I am going to give you one more chance. But I am going to make it much harder on you. You'll have three hours to get a bell. Eat lunch now to build up strength. But Naruto doesn't get any.'

Naruto made a sound of disapproval.

' It's your punishment for breaking the rules and trying to steal and eat by yourself.'

Kakashi told him.

' And if anyone tries to feed him that person will immediately fail.'

Naruto's mouth fell agape.

' I make the rules. You follow them. Got it?'

Kakashi asked in a threatening tone.

Saki smiled. This time she was going to make everything work out perfectly.

Kakashi picked up his lunch.

' Saki take your lunch and come with me.'

Kakashi said turning to face her.

' Pardon?'

Saki asked confused.

' You don't mind having lunch with Sensei. Do you?'

Kakashi asked giving her a closed eyed smile.

Saki sighed. Looks like they were on their own this time. She turned to look at her team.

' Remember to work as a team.'

With that she picked up her lunch and followed Kakashi.

Saki sat on a branch along with Kakashi. They were hidden from Squad 7's other members. Kakashi had finished his lunch in the blink of an eye probably because he didn't want Saki to see his face. He was now sitting there observing his team's activities. Saki hadn't finished her lunch but she decided to close her lunch box and look over her teammates. She wasn't really hungry as she had had a hearty breakfast and she had also eaten more than half of her lunch so she was stuffed. 

' I have a lot of expectations from you.'

Kakashi suddenly said.

' Thank you Sensei. It greatly flatters me.'

' Really you act more mature than any of them. Your intelligence and rational thinking will be a great help to this team. If they pass, that is.'

' I am sure they will pass Sensei.'

' Oh really?'

' Yes. They may act a little spoiled and immature but they are all very capable of being great Ninjas. I am sure they will live up to your expectations and one day you will be able to proudly say that they are your students.'

Kakashi sighed.

' You are really so positive.'

Suddenly Kakashi's head whipped towards the ground. Saki also turned to look at her team. Sakura was feeding Naruto. Saki smiled. They were going to pass.

' Come out when I signal you.'

With that Kakashi puffed away. 

Saki saw Kakashi appear near them with a puff of smoke. There was a very strong gust of wind blowing in the grounds as dark clouds appeared in the sky. Saki watched intently and after some minutes of Kakashi's mental torture the wind disappeared along with the clouds and Kakashi made a come here motion with his hand while looking at her hiding spot. 

Saki walked up to her team with a pleased smile.

' Good work. I knew you all were very much capable of passing.'

Sasuke stood up from his spot with a small smile as he walked up to Saki. He held Saki's hand and gave it a little squeeze.

' We remembered to work as a team.'

Saki smiled back. 

Naruto was still crying tears of joy as Sakura was felling a pissed while looking at Sasuke and Saki. But she sighed as she decided to not ruin this moment of happiness.

' Let's go home.'

With that Squad 7 proceeded to follow their Sensei with a sense of victory, excited thinking about the things that the future promised them. Most of Squad 7 that is because Naruto was left on the training grounds tied to the pole.

Saki frowned.

' Am I forgetting something?'

Sasuke looked at her.

' I think you are just imagining things.'

' Maybe I am.'

' I am going to go visit mother. Come with me.'

' Of course.