Chapter 49

(A\N: As you all noticed that I changed the book cover for the story. I wanted to create one myself. So I drew Saki, Sasuke, Hiruzen and Orochimaru in the cover signifying the contents of this arc and also I tried doing it digitally. It was my first time using digital means but I somehow managed to get a hold of the basics. I know it's still ugly but I tried my best okay!!! I will try my best to improve!!!)

Team 7 once again stood at the meeting spot waiting for their sensei who was once again late for their meeting.

"Hey!! Hey!! Hey!! How can this be allowed?!!"

Sakura screamed in frustration.

"Why does that person ask us to meet and then make us wait?!!!"

She complained.

"Yeah!! Yeah!! Sakura-chan is right!!!"

Naruto chimed in agreeing with Sakura.

"What about the feelings of a young girl who overslept and didn't have time to blow dry her hair?!!!"

She continued in enthusiasm.

"Yeah yeah!!! I overslept too!!!"

Naruto once again agreed.

"So I didn't wash my face or brush my teeth!!!"

Saki scrunched up her face in disgust as she heard Sasuke sighing beside her.

"Morning people!!!"

Kakashi then appeared wearing his usual smile.

"Today I got lost on the road of life. . ."

He lied as usual.

"Yeah right!!! Liar!!! Apologize!!!"

Sakura and Naruto both scolded pointing at him.

"Well anyway. . ."

Kakashi ignored them.

"This is sudden but. . . I've nominated you guys for the chunin selection exam."

"Huh?"

Sakura exclaimed in surprise.

There was silence for a while and then. . .

"What did you say!?!"

Sakura screamed.

"You think that makes up for. . .!!!"

Naruto also followed after her.

"Here are your applications."

Kakashi pulled out the four applications from his pocket.

"Kakashi sensei!!! I love you!!!"

Naruto threw himself at Kakashi hugging him tightly. This was an opportunity to shine afterall.

"Hey stop, let go of me. . ."

Kakashi said struggling to get Naruto off of him.

Finally Naruto let go of Kakashi as he held up his application giggling.

"Though this is just a nomination. Whether to take the exam is upto you. Those who want to take it should sign those papers and turn them in at room 301 by 4pm tommorow. That is all."

After shooting out all the information he dissapeared in a cloud of smoke.

After that the group of genin also started heading off together.

"Hihihihi!!! Chunin exam!!! Chunin exam!!!"

Naruto excitedly repeated in a singsong voice while the other three were lost in their thought.

Saki clutched her application tightly. She didn't know how everything was going to play out but she had to do her best i n helping out her team and if possible saving Sasuke. She glanced at Sasuke who was walking beside her, lost in his own thoughts. She hoped that everything goes well. She really hoped for it. Just then she realized Sakura wasn't walking with them. She looked back to find her standing still with her head lowered.

Saki was worried for her too. She remembered that in the story she had been going through an inner turmoil and struggling within to keep her self confidence. Saki slowly walked towards her sister.

"Sakura. . ."

She called out softly as Sakura raised her head to look at her. Saki smiled softly at her.

"Let's do our best okay. This is not just about winning, it's about trying our best to find our inner strenght. So let's support each other well."

Sakura was silent for a while then she smiled back her expression softening.

"Thank you sister. . . let's go home, okay?"

She said that as she held Saki's hand.

Saki felt relieved. She hoped that her words had cheered her up even if a little bit.

Saki and Sakura entered their home.

"We're back!"

Sakura said happily as their parents came out to welcome them.

"Welcome back my little girls!"

Kizashi said grinning.

"Welcome back! How was your day?"

Mebuki asked smiling.

"Sensei was late again!"

Sakura complained pouting as Saki just smiled and nodded.

"We'll be participating in the chunin exams."

Saki added.

"Oh my! That's sudden!"

Mebuki exclaimed in surprise and a little bit worried.

"Aren't you guys too young!"

Kizashi added on also worried.

"And also the last time you went on that mission. . ."

Mebuki recalled uneasily. She had almost fainted when she had heard about the mission details. Her daughters almost died. She had cried bitterly holding onto her daughters. She was still uneasy about these things.

Kizashi looked at his wife and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Honey. . ."

He called out softly.

Mebuki closed her eyes trying to calm herself.

Saki and Sakura both looked at their parents in worry.

"Mother. . ."

Saki also called out softly.

Mebuki opened her eyes smiling softly.

"Mom won't stop you from entering these exams. . ."

She said gently.

"Because I know that my girls are the bravest and the strongest. So promise me that you will do your  best in protecting yourself and also your teammates."

"Yes!"

Saki and Sakura both replied.

"Yes remember, united we stand divided we fall! So stand up for each other all right and show the others what the Haruno fighting spirit is!"

Kizashi said grinning as he opened his arms.

"Now come on! Group hug!"

Sakura laughed as she threw herself in her parents arms and Saki also smiled and hugged them.

She closed her eyes as she smiled brighter. She really loved her family.