Chapter 33

(A/N: Don't mind the cat. I just felt like adding the pic. It was just too cute!!!)

"Wow!! This is super fun!!"

Naruto said enthusiastically stuffing his mouth with food.

"It's been a long time since we ate with so many people!"

Saki watched in silence as both Naruto and Sasuke stuffed their mouths with big bites of food. She couldn't help but remember how they puked in the anime. She really didn't want to see that while she was eating especially when she was sitting right next to Sasuke. Even if the young Uchiha was good looking she was 100% sure that everyone's puke looked the same.

"Slow down you two. If you continue like that you may throw up everything."

She scolded softly.

"Saki-nee it's necessary for me to complete the task!!!"

Naruto answered not having any intention of stopping.

"For once I agree with this idiot."

Sasuke agreed.

Saki sighed. They never listened. She just decided to end her meal to avoid throwing up.

"More!!!"

Both Naruto and Sasuke said in unison as they extended their bowls asking for seconds. And right after that their faces turned pale as they threw up.

Saki had closed her eyes and her head was turned away from Sasuke. She really didn't want to look at the contents that had just came out of the two boys's stomach.

"If you're going to throw up then stop eating!!"

Sakura scolded harshly.

"No, I must eat."

Sasuke said wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Yeah we have to no matter what.  Because we have to become stronger."

Naruto added.

After having dinner everyone was seated to drink a cup of tea. And Saki very well knew what was to come next. She was quite uncomfortable thinking about it.

"Hey, why do you have a torn picture on the wall?"

Sakura asked staring at the torn family photo that hung on the wall.

"Inari-kun was staring at this during dinner. It seems like someone purposely removed the person that was in the picture."

She continued.

After a brief moment of silence.

"It's my husband."

Tsunami replied softly.

"And. . . the man called the hero of the city."

Tazuna added.

After that Inari suddenly stood up and started walking away.

"Inari where are you going?!"

Tsunami called out worriedly.

Inari left the room and shut the door behind him with a 'bang!'.

"Inari!!"

Tsunami called out once again.

"Father!! I have told you not to talk about that man in front of Inari!!"

Tsunami scolded her father.

"What's wrong with Inari-kun?"

Sakura asked confused by the situation.

"There seems to be the need of some kind of explanation."

Kakashi said calmly.

"Inari had a father not related y blood."

Tazuna started explaining.

"They were very close, like a real father and son. . . Inari would laugh a lot back then. . ."

He was silent for a while, his body trembling.

"But. . . but Inari changed. . . since the incident with his father. . . "

Tazuna said with a grave expression, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"The word "courage" has been stolen from the people of this island. . . and from. . . Inari."

He said his voice trembling.

"Ever since that day. . . Because of that incident. . ."

He didn't continue.

"That incident?"

Kakashi asked.

"What happened to Inari-kun?"

Tazuna was silent for a while.

"Before I get to that, I first. . . have to tell you about the man who was called the hero of this city."

And with that Tazuna told everyone the story of Kaiza, Inari's step father who had done many things for the sake of the city but was put to death by Gatou in front of everyone. From that day onwards Inari had lost hope.

And after that the mood was ruined when Naruto tripped and fell while trying to get up from his chair.

"Ow!!!"

He cried out in pain.

"Be careful Naruto."

Saki said hoping the boy wasn't hurt too much.

"What are you doing Naruto?. . . "

Sakura said sighing.

"If you're thinking of training, take the day off. You have released too much Chakra, anymore and you could die.

"I'm gonna prove it. . "

Naruto said pushing himself off the ground.

"What?"

Sakura asked confused.

"I'm gonna prove that in this world. . . Heroes do exist!!"

He said with clear determination.

Saki smiled softly. Even after knowing him for so many years she still couldn't tell from where did all his determination come from.