Chapter 84

Saki looked on as the matches continued one after another. Shikamaru's fight against Tenmari, which Shikamaru admitted defeat in but that still didn't matter in the future anyway. 

"Why did he give up?! Is he an idiot?!"

Naruto scolded even though Shikamaru was out of earshot. He then proceeded to climb over the railing preparing to jump down to scold him in earshot.

"This pisses me off, I am going to give him a lecture!!"

Shino watched Naruto with a nervous expression.

"Lectures are tricky things. . .if you don't want to anger the other party."

He whispered to himself.

"He's never changing."

Saki said as she watched as Naruto ran up to Shikamaru reprimanding him.

"I'll go after him."

Saki said to Shino after jumping off the railing too. She would have never tried this in her last life but now with her ninja reflexes she didn't need to worry about her breaking a bone. As soon as she reached where the two were standing the gates to the arena opened as she saw Guy and Lee standing there having a conversation with the gatekeepers.

Now that the fights excitement had calmed down the uproar for the next fight to commence was full blown. Anyway, when things were getting heated because of the delay in the next fight there was a sudden hurricane in the middle of the arena as dust and dry leaves spiraled everywhere making everyone's attention shift to it. And as the dust slowly cleared away Sasuke and Kakshi could be seen standing back to back in the spot the mini hurricane had been just a few seconds ago.

"What an entrance. . ." Saki murmured to herself at the very exaggerated entrance that the two made. If they did this in her previous world they would go viral or become a meme. . .

Everyone's eyes lit up as Kakashi's apologetic voice sounded "Sorry, we're late. . ."

"Your name?"

The instructor asked with a smirk.

"Uchiha Sasuke. . ."

Sasuke replied his eyes stern but after a moment he turned his gaze on Naruto.

"From your excitement. . .you won in the first round?"

Sasuke asked mockingly with a smirk on his face.

"Of course!"

Naruto replied with a smug smirk too.

"Anyways congratulations Saki."

He said turning his gaze towards Saki ignoring Naruto's smug face. Kakashi also nodded his head vigorously at that with a silly smile . 

"Thank you for the compliment and also for finally arriving."

Saki said staring at the duo who made a flashy intro after being late to the point of having the Hokage postpone their match.

Kakashi who had been standing behind Sasuke with a stupid smile on his face got the gist and turned to look at the instructor.

"Well. . .we showed up all flashy and the like, but could Sasuke have been. . .disqualified?"

He asked hesitatingly while wearing a nervous expression.

"See. . .you're late Sasuke."

He turned to Sasuke as he stated apollogetically.

"Geez. . .your tardiness must be contagious. . ."

The instructor said as he looked at Kakashi who was the epitome of tardiness.

"So. . .what is it?"

Kakashi asked again he didn't bother with the comment while Sasuke looked like it wasn't even his bussiness.

"Don't worry. We pushed Sasuke's fight 'til the end. . .He hasn't been disqualified."

The instructor assured.

"Ahahaha. . .That's good! Good!!"

Kakashi burst out into nervous laughters.

But suddenly felt stabbing glares from the audience area. He turned his head to be met with Gaara's ominous glare. He wasn't glaring at him but the one next to him. . .Sasuke.

Sasuke also noticing the glare directed at him turned to look up and glare back at him with the same intensity.

Naruto also joined in. Saki was speechless. . .they liked to glare alot.

"Don't lose to a guy like this."

Naruto said fowning.

"Yeah."

Sasuke responded in a brief manner not looking away from Gaara.

"Sasuke!"

Naruto called out firmly successfully directing Sasuke's attention towards him.

"I. . .want to fight you too!"

He said with determination.

"Yeah. . ."

He gave the same response but his glare was now directed on Naruto. Not one filled with menace but filled with determination.

Saki watched as the crowd went crazy with excitement and rightfully so. The Uchiha prodigy against the sand village's prodigy. It was in all forms going to be a very memorable moment.

A/N: I learnt to not promise to upload on a specific day since I already saw how capable I have been in upholding promises. Anyways I had to listen to many Naruto Ost's and openings and endings in order for me to get into the mood to continue writing. I also had to read my previous chapters for reference since my brain's memory capacity is of a goldfish. Thank you for your patience.

ZM