Chapter 38

Sasuke turned his head towards where Haku had just entered. His eyes turned sharp glaring in the direction.

"Over here."

Haku's voice came from behind them.

Everyone glanced behind them.
Saki knew that Sasuke was going to do the fireball jutsu, but it was useless. She had to think of something to get out of here. Maybe she could try cracking the glass from inside since she was able to do it from outside. But her only concern was if Haku will even let her near the glasses.
Saki had to try nonetheless. She would take the chance while Sasuke distracted Haku with the fireball jutsu.

So as soon as Sasuke made the hand sign, Saki was ready. Sasuke took a deep breath and breathed out a wave of fire. At the same time Saki launched herself at a nearby glass and swung her fist with all her might but was suddenly kicked harshly at her stomach from inside the mirror when her fist was about to make contact.

All the air knocked out of her lungs as she flew backwards hitting another glass and falling down.

"Saki-nee!!!!"

Naruto shouted out concerned as he rushed towards her. Sasuke who had after his jutsu's failure was dazed for a while also came running to her aid.

"Nice move. But please do remember that I am watching your every move."

Haku's calm voice could be heard during the commotion.

"And also you can't melt this ice with that level of fire."

Saki's face was constricted in pain as she clutched her stomach. She had not predicted that and ended up solely focusing on attacking and completely disregarded defending.

Sasuke gritted his teeth. He couldn't think of anything right now. Saki was hurt and he couldn't do anything about it. He glared hatefully at the image of Haku inside the ice glass. He truly hated this people and the whole situation.

Naruto could just look at Saki in distress.

But they weren't left alone for a long time as Haku again started attacking them with his needles.

"Guaaaa!!!! "

"Arghhhhhh!!!"

"Ughhhhh!!!" (Writing screams is funny. My mind just did this screams in my own voice and I sound like a dying buffalo but let's continue. . .)

The three of them shouted out in pain.

Saki wanted to cry. This was too painful. Her stomach still felt horrible and the needles that embedded in that area made it worse. It was getting difficult to even breath.

"Where's the real one?!!!!"

She heard Naruto shout amidst her and Sasuke's pained cries.

"Trying to follow your eyes is useless. You'll never be able to catch me."

Haku told Naruto who was trying to locate his position.

"Bah!! Shadow Clone Jutsu!!"

Naruto exclaimed.

"Don't-"

Sasuke was cut off as hundreds of Naruto appeared inside the cage.

Sasuke and Saki dropped to the ground as soon as the needles stopped. They were pained and exhausted.

Both of them saw the Narutos punching and kicking everyone of the ice mirrors. But he was soon attacked by Haku's needles making every one of his clones disappear.

"The jutsu uses the mirror's reflection to transport me."

Haku explained.

"From my point of view you seem to be moving in slow motion."

Saki let out a shaky breath as she closed her eyes. This situation in real life was so stressful. She really had to try and end this in a more favourable way no matter how pained and exhausted she was. And with that resolve she opened her eyes again. She was going to change things no matter what..