Chapter 34

"Yawn. . . "

Sakura yawned as she stretched her arms.

"Naruto didn't come back home again last night?"

Tazuna asked.

It was morning tea time and Naruto was missing.

"He's been climbing trees all alone since he heard your story. He's very simple."

Sakura replied rubbing her eyes.

"He may have used too much Chakra and died by now. . ."

"I hope he's alright. A child all alone at night in the woods. . . "

Tsunami said worried.

"Don't worry!!"

Kakashi said in his usual carefree tone.

"He might not look it, but he's a true ninja."

"I don't know. . ."

Sasuke spoke up.

"It won't surprise me if he was dead. . . that moron."

Saki couldn't take it anymore. She was sure that Naruto had already met Haku by now. She really wanted to meet him too, but the heart to heart conversation between Naruto and Haku was important too.

So Saki stood up with the thought of going out to find Naruto. She would just walk slowly so as to ensure that they had completed their conversation.

"Where are you going?"

Sasuke who was beside her asked.

"Going to call Naruto for breakfast."

She replied simply.

"I will come with you."

Sasuke offered.

Saki smiled. Having someone's company was more convinient than going alone.

"Of course."

"I'll come too!!!"

Sakura said all her sleepiness gone at the thought of her beloved going out alone with her enemy.

"No."

Sasuke stated bluntly.

"Sasuke-kun but. . ."

Her protest was cut of by Sasuke.

"Two people are more than enough to fetch a single person."

And with that they set off on their way.

"Saki?"

Sasuke called out as they walked a few miles away from Tazuna's home.

"Yes?"

"Do you think mom is being taken care of properly at the hospital while we're away?"

"Why do you ask?"

"It's just that we used to visit her everyday. It's the first time we are away for so long."

Saki couldn't help but give into her urge of wanting to pat his head. Sometimes he was just too adorable.

Sasuke went stiff and then his face turned red after he felt Saki patting him.

"Wh-what do you think you're doing you idiot?!"

He said embarrassed but didn't make any efforts to swat away her hand.

"You're just too adorable."

Saki said laughing lightly.

"Don't worry about your mom. I made sure to leave her in good hands."

Sasuke looked at Saki confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what I just said."

Saki said smiling.

"I told my mother to look after Aunty Mikoto in our absence."

"Oh. . ."

Sasuke was surprised but then his expression turned into a gentle one as he showed one of his rare smiles.

"I should have expected this much from you. You're the only one who knows me the best after all."

Saki couldn't help the feeling of happiness that followed after those words. She was happy to be someone important in the Uchiha's life.

And with that pleasant conversation and conversing about some other topics they reached the forest. After walking for a while they reached their destination.

Saki watched as Haku passed by her. She stared at his back until he vanished from sight.

"What's wrong?"

Saki heard Sasuke ask.

"Nothing. . ."

She said sighing. After looking at Haku she couldn't help remembering the fight that took place in the anime. She wondered what would happen.

Sasuke frowned as he watched Saki walk towards Naruto. She had been acting weird since the mission started. He would have to talk to her properly after everything was over and done with.

"Naruto let's go have breakfast okay?"

Saki said gently as she offered her hand to Naruto.

Naruto took the hand and stood up.

Saki patted his head, giving him a soft smile.

"You must be hungry. You worked hard after all."

Naruto felt touched. Anime tears fell down his cheeks as he held Saki's hand which had been patting him with both his hands.

"Saki-nee is the best after all! I love you the most!!!"

And with that he opened his arms and threw himself at Saki. But before he could hug her he was forcefully pulled away. He turned around to look at Sasuke holding him by the collar of his jacket.

"Enough!"

Sasuke said coldly.

Naruto struggled in Sasuke's hold.

"Sasuke you jerk!!! Let me go!!!"

He shouted out struggling.

"What gives you the right to stop me from hugging Saki-nee?!!!"

"You give her nothing but trouble."

Sasuke replied coldly.

"No I don't. You're just jealous cause Saki-nee loves me the most."

"No. . ."

Sasuke said as he was silent for a while.

"She loves me the most."

Naruto was shocked and so was Saki who was watching from the sidelines. She couldn't comprehend what just happened. While both Saki and Naruto were in their shocked states. Sasuke let go of Naruto and quickly walked away.

"Come quickly you idiots!"

He called out stopping at a distance.

Saki could see his ears were red even if his back was turned to them. He really was adorable.