Chapter 55

Saki sat down beside Gaara as she waited for Ibiki to give some instructions. She was feeling both excitement and nervousness as she sat beside Gaara. He had been one of the most lovable characters in her Naruto list. She knew that in this period of time he was a very much bloodthirsty child, but he had his reasons with a proper backstory of betrayal and negligence after all. She glanced at him. She had been supporting both Naruto and Sasuke since they were children and she wished to be able to be his friend too, if possible.

The test papers were distributed after that.

"Do not turn your tests over. Listen closely to what I am about to say!"

Ibiki's stern voice resonated in the classroom as it fell into complete silence.

"There are many important rules in this first test. I'll write it on the board as I explain, but questions won't be allowed so listen carefully. The first rule. You guys will all start with 10 points. The test is made up of 10 questions and each question is worth a point but. . .this test uses a subtraction system. Basically if you answer all the questions correctly, you keep your 10 points. But say you miss three questions. . .you lose 3 points and will have 7. The second rule, this is a team test. Whether you pass or not will be determined by the combined score of your teammates. So, each team will compete to see how many points they can hold on to from the initial team total of 30. . ."

Ibiki halted for a moment as if remembering something.

"Ah! I remember there to be a case of 4 team members. Well 40 for their team."

He said indifferently.

Sakura suddenly stood up her face covered in cold sweat.

"Wait a second!! I don't understand this initial point systems either, but why is it a team test?"

She inquired in dread.

"Shut up, you don't have the right to question me."

Ibiki glared at Sakura.

"There is a reason for this, be quiet and listen. Ok, now the most important rule. The third rule is that during the exam. . .anyone caught by the testing officers doing sneaky activities, namely cheating. . .will have 2 points subtracted for every offence."

He said smirking evilly.

"So there will be some who will lose all their points during this exam and be asked to leave."

"We'll have our eyes on you guys. . ."

A testing officer spoke up as if to prove Ibiki's point. It was the one who had kicked Lee when they had been caught in the door illusion, Kotetsu.

"Realize that the pathetic ones that get caught cheating will be destroying themselves. As Shinobis trying to achieve the level of Chuunin. Be proud ninjas. And the final rule. . .those that lose all their initial points during the test and those that don't answer any question correctly. . .will be failed along with their teammates."

An uproar rose after that last statement from Ibiki.

Saki turned to look at her teammates. Sure enough Sasuke and Sakura were glaring daggers at Naruto as the later tried to shrink himself to try and reduce his presence. Naruto also glanced back in her direction as he looked at her for comfort. Saki's heart softened as she gave him a gentle smile, mouthing the words 'Good luck'. Naruto seemed to calm down a little as he whispered back 'I'm gonna nail it!'. Saki chuckled and looked back at the front as Ibiki gave his last instructions.

"The exam will last one hour. Ok. . .BEGIN!!!"

Saki looked at the questions one by one and her eyes finally fell on the ridiculous 10th question that was to be revealed 45 minutes after. She knew that not answering  was okay. It wasn't like she could answer them at her level anyway. But leaving the answer paper blank. . .her conscience didn't allow it. Saki glanced at Gaara who was using sand to cheat and couldn't help but envy everyone who had the capability to cheat. And thus like that Saki stressed over how to cheat with her normal stealth abilities for about 5 minutes when suddenly particles of sand gathered on her paper and formed the answers in the boxes.

"!!!"

Saki was shocked speechless. She wanted to glance at him but she knew that too many shady movements may get her in trouble. As she stayed still due to shock for a moment sand particles formed a sentence beside the answer boxes 'Don't think too much'. Saki came out of her daze and after a brief hesitation started to trace the answers with her pencil. She didn't know why Gaara was doing this . . . . .and then a scene came to mind. Her first encounter with the Sand Siblings. She could feel a chill run down her spine. She knew it was stupid of her to think this but she had no other explanation. Did Gaara perhaps see her as his. . .

. . . Sister-in-law?!!!