Chapter 22

The two Ninja's were now tied to a tree as Kakashi started speaking.

' Chunin from the Village Hidden in the Mist . . . . These guys are known for continuing to fight no matter what the sacrifice.'

' How were you able to detect our movements?'

One of them asked.

' There probably won't be puddles of water on a clear day like today, when it hasn't rained for days.'

Kakashi turned to look at Saki, giving her a closed eyed smile.

' Right Saki?'

Saki tensed up at the sudden attention that she was receiving.

' Yes Sensei.'

' Don't lie girl!'

One of them spat out.

' You noticed our presence a long time before you even noticed the puddle!'

At that everyone looked quite shocked. Even Kakashi.

' Saki is this true?'

Kakashi asked trying to confirm if it was true.

' Yes Sensei.'

Saki said nodding her head a bit.

' But how?'

' I am a sensory type.'

' Hmm . . . I see.'

Kakashi said as he rubbed a finger on his chin.

' Sensory type?'

Naruto asked confused.

' A sensory type Ninja is one who can sense other people's Chakra from a very long distance or trace Chakra however little amount it may be.'

Kakashi explained to him.

' Oh. But what is Chakra?'

' That's a conversation for next time Naruto.'

' Knowing that they were there, why did you leave it to the kids to fight?'

Tazuna asked as he turned to look at Kakashi.

' If I felt like it, I could kill these guys instantly . . . . . but I had to know'

Kakashi's sharp gaze met Tazuna.

' who the target of these enemies was.'

' Hm? What do you mean?'

Tazuna asked confused.

Kakashi turned his body fully facing Tazuna.

' In other words . . . what I mean is I had to know if it was you, or one of us Shinobi . . . who was being targeted.'

Kakashi's eyes narrowed.

' We haven't heard anything about you being targeted by Ninjas. The content of the request was supposed to just be protection from gangs, thieves, and alike. This is a mission with a B rank or higher. The request was supposed to be for backup protection until you finished building your bridge . . .'

Tazuna looked down in guilt.

' If our enemies were to be Ninjas, the mission would've been estimated without question as an expensive "B Rank mission". It appears there's some kind of good reason for this. But being lied to in the request won't do. This is beyond the scope of our mission.'

Just then Sakura decided to intervene.

' This mission is too soon for us. Let's give it up! We need an anesthetic to open Saki's wound and get out the poisoned blood . . . We have to return to the village and take her to a doctor.'

' Hmmm . . . .'

Kakashi walked towards Saki taking her hand in his own examining it.

' This is a problem.'

' Since we need to treat Saki's wound, shall we go back to the village?'

Naruto looked down guilty.

' I am so sorry Saki-nee.'

He said softly.

' If I hadn't frozen up and defended myself then this would have never happened. I am so pathetic.'

Saki directed him a smile.

' It's okay Naruto. Everyone makes mistakes and it was natural to be scared in that situation. We are not experienced for this kind of situations.'

Then she turned to Kakashi.

'Sensei it's fine to continue the mission. I can take care of this wound. I have enough medical knowledge for treating this kind of injury.'

' Oh! That's right you do visit the hospital from time to time.'

Saki's eyes widened.

' How do you-'

' It's good to get to know about your students.'