Chapter 40

"Sharingan!!"

Saki heard Sakura shout as Sasuke's hand on her arm tensed.

Saki was truly stressed now. It was really a bad timing. Kakashi must be having an intense battle with Zabuza right now. Will Haku even be able to talk to him?  And even if he did, will Zabuza even listen to him?

She bit her lip in frustration. She could just hope for the best now.

"Zabuza-san!!"

Saki heard Haku call out.

"What is it Haku?! Don't you see I am busy right now!!"

Zabuza responded stopping to look at Haku in the middle of his fight.

Kakashi's attention also diverted towards Haku.

"I am truly sorry for the disturbance but I have something important to say. The girl states that our employer may be fooling us. He may try to get rid of us after the work is done."

Haku states anxiously.

"Hehehe"

Zabuza let out a amused giggle.

"Haku do you really think that Gatou has the nerve to cheat us?  You very well know that we can easily handle him even if he does try to cheat."

He then sighs.

"You really are soft hearted, getting persuaded by her like that. You know what? I do intend to take her with us. Just knock her out and remember, hurt her enough so that she may not be able to move any of her muscle for some days but can still recover completely."

Zabuza ordered looking directly in Saki's direction through the crack.

Saki's blood turned cold. Why was this so hard? She watched as Haku started walking back in their direction as Zabuza got back to his fight. She saw Kakashi look at her anxiously as he tried his best to speed things up.

Haku finally entered one of the ice mirrors.

"I am very sorry but I will have to get rid of you first."

That's all Haku said before a bunch of needles came flying in Saki's direction.

Saki's eyes widened as she pushed away Sasuke who was standing right next to her. Thankfully Naruto was in a crouching posture some distance away from her. And just like that she was stabbed by hundreds of needles from all directions.

"Ahhhhhh!!!!"

Saki cried out in pain as the needles pierced her skin all over her body. She fell down on the ground the needles digging in deeper but she couldn't stand anymore. It hurt too much. She was slowly losing consciousness. In her dazed state she saw Sasuke and Naruto shouting for her as she was hoisted up in someone's arms. She tried to look at who it was. But her eyes had become hazy as tears were pooled up in them. But she did see one thing clearly. Red eyes. They were looking right at her. It was Sasuke, and he had awoken his sharingan.

Saki was confused. Wasn't it supposed to happen sometime later? But she couldn't hold onto her consciousness anymore. She slowly closed her and in between Naruto's anxious cries she heard Sasuke's calm yet cold voice saying one single sentence.

"I. . .will kill. . . him!!"

A\N: Ok this arc is taking a while to finish huh? But you see I was hoping to finish it in this chapter with Zabuza believing Saki's words and then them fighting together with team 7 against Gatou. But I totally forgot about Sasuke's Sharingan awakening and ya'll know it is an important event. So yeah, I changed the whole scene again.